Whats a virgin stage 1 off center block worth?

You know what though this block has four bolt mains in the center? I noticed that the one in the picture of the link is two bolt, are there different versions?

True.... Im outta town and dont have my stage 1 book available. Dan is probably right. He is very knowledgeable.

The oil pick up is between the 1st and 2nd bearings- its a stage2-i have the same block. just curious how much did you pay for the turbo?

Please help me, what is is this thing worth. Or do you keep something like this? Thanks for all of the help.

Dude... that is some sexy chit right there !

I think you'd be absolutely NUTS to sell it.

None of that stuff is Mfg'd any more and it's expensive as fvck to aquire IF you can even find it.

I say KEEP IT and build another motor with it.

Oh, and BTW... WHERE in the USA are you ?

I'm sure there are no less than a dozen people watching this thread with drool running out of their mouths and fistfulls of cash ready to hop in the car to come buy this stuff off you. (Myself included) :D

The casting number says Stage 1 off center...

I wonder if it has aftermarket/fabbed 4-bolt caps on the two center mains ?

Ponca City, Oklahoma. I am north of Oklahoma City up I35 around 100 miles. And to be honest I have talked and replied to more emails and pms than I thought possible. My in box pms have had to be deleted twice from it being to full. I really did not expect all of this. I think it is time to first say that I am sorry if anyone has got missed and I will get back to all, I am just tring to keep up. I am leaning toward the sale of these items, and really everyone has been making offers. I have thought about how to make this fair for everyone. I would take ideas. Thanks Scott

Just got of the phone with someone that said in that trim 25500016 that block with four bolts is a stage 2, he had mentioned that number was good for both 1 or 2 blocks depending on the main caps.

The power potential for Stage2 stuff is unreal... and they aren't made anymore.

THAT is why your PM/Email boxes are full. :D

That is a 4.1 Stage 2 offcenter block. Very nice piece I can't remember the last time I saw a virgin S2 4.1 offcenter block.

That is a 4.1 Stage 2 offcenter block. Very nice piece I can't remember the last time I saw a virgin S2 4.1 offcenter block.

And the value of his treasure chest of goodies just keeps skyrocketing.

What just amazes me... people wanted to steal this stuff from him for $800-$1000. ;)

I dont take it personal. I do know it is rare but I am surprised at it value. It just goes to show you, you always learn something everyday. And this site is still the best on the web!! I have learned much from this experience, MUCH!!! Special thanks to Notacarlo. I am goingto get all of the specs and have the parts inspected.

I think this is one of the later manurfactured blocks like 1985 which uses the chevy big block rear main seal.

According to this, you *might* have an incredibly rare Stage2 off-center block.

1 of about 50 made???

Buick V6 Engine Block Guide

Rare? i have three. one has a factory rear seal. the other two uses BBC seals
one that uses buick rear seal is dated 1983. the other two 1985, one of my block is a virgin. it is bored to 3.9002 all are 016 casting no, my on center engine is a 153 4x cross bolts in rear only,
If they only cast 50 of these blocks. well i have bought and sold 8 or more of these rare blocks,:confused: oc,

Odell, the last most rare blocks are the last 50 front/rear crossbolt blocks they cast in 1999 the on-center version with the external cooling port on the front drivers side of the block. There was supposed to be some trick S2 heads with additional cooling work done but they never came to be. The last on center blocks were the best they ever made (Per Dan at DLS).

This block listed is a off center S2 block, but it would be a GREAT idea to have the block cleaned up magged and sonic tested. A lot of junk is floating around out there and there could be a reason it was never used (porosity, core shift, ect). Not saying it's true, just a word to the wise that anybody spending the $$ for a virgin block should be sure it is in 100% usable condition and the seller can be assured a top $$ sale when condition is without question.