Whats a virgin stage 1 off center block worth?

Everything That can.

All of this is going to the machine shop next week. And I will post the findings and results. Thanks Scott :)

If the oil pick up is between the 1st and 2nd main caps -then it is a stage2-the stage 1s were in the 2-3 main cap area as per the pics. Correct me if im wrong.

The oil pickup boss appears to be unused/undrilled... and looks to be a dry sump-only setup. Hence the reason for my "rare S2 offctr" comments.

013.jpg

The S1 4.1 looks like a regular production block from the bottom...
bottom411.JPG

S2 offctr:
ofcbot.jpg

The oil pickup boss appears to be unused/undrilled... and looks to be a dry sump-only setup. Hence the reason for my "rare S2 offctr" comments.

013.jpg

The S1 4.1 looks like a regular production block from the bottom...
bottom411.JPG

S2 offctr:
ofcbot.jpg

It might look like a stock block from the bottom end..... if you don't know what you are looking at.... even with the two bolt caps.... the is a ton more meat between the cap registers and the block skirt..... no comparison IMHO.

I also have a friend with a 016 4.1 block....BBC rear main seal...

Any info on the crank?

Brand?

Is it the 4.1 crank for that block?

I couldn't find that casting number with a quick search....

It might look like a stock block from the bottom end..... if you don't know what you are looking at.... even with the two bolt caps.... the is a ton more meat between the cap registers and the block skirt..... no comparison IMHO.

I also have a friend with a 016 4.1 block....BBC rear main seal...

The last pic in that set is my original s2 4.1 off center. I had that in the car in 1995, went 9.70s at 140 when my car was still on the street. That was FAST back then, less than a hand full in the 9's:D

The last pic in that set is my original s2 4.1 off center. I had that in the car in 1995, went 9.70s at 140 when my car was still on the street. That was FAST back then, less than a hand full in the 9's:D

It is amazing what "fast" is now.....

I read that some say the "on-center" blocks has a higher HP potential than the "off-center" blocks. Seems more of an opinion to me.... Seems like the off center stuff is fine for 99% of the people wanting stage parts...and the stock intake.... etc.... will still bolt to it....