You can type here any text you want

whats better gen 7 or fast

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
They are all good systems and all are "non" cutting with the right adapter harness. If you want to not spend alot you can get an old gen 6 dfi system about 4 times less the price of a new system, but will require alot more tuning time, and an external wideband system.

Well you can buy a widband for it for about $200 extra, but it will not be a try wideband, but a wideband running on narrow band output. I have done a fe cars like this and it works very well. Also you have to remember that it will be batch fire, which means it fires all injectors at once unless you buy a sequential dfi box which is harder to find , as these systems are getting outdated now quite a bit. WHat size injectors are you planning to run? I only reccomend 55's max with batch fire units. You can seach ebay, but i will have a unit in a few weeks for sale. Will keep you posted.

I want the flexibility to run 72's higher.......What do you run on the gen 7?
wheres a good deal on getting a 7?
thx

That would be Lonnie, from extreme automatics he is on this board. He is the Gen 7 Guru. You may want to get a few quotes from the other systems, have search this forum, before you make any final decisons, as be prepared to spend around $2k+ on any system, when all the add ons come into effect.

You can run 72's on a batch fire ,but it will run rich at idle a bit. The bigger the injector the less idle control you will get, after idle if the fuel map adjusted right it will be fine. I run 83's but i am going back to 55's as with alky i only run 46% duty cycle at full rpm/boost.

Back