Whats Better The F.a.s.t Or Big Stuff

Tony, Thanks for the reply. I figure you are one of the few people that have had both systems on the same car, this makes your feedback very valuable to me.
Take care, Kip

SEVERAL gurus have reported flash mode "No Starts" and some keep it quiet. Facts are FAST needs to address this problem and so far they have yet to explain why some lose cam sync (Jason White at BG this year) car sounded like a top fuel dragster when he started it.

I was having a hard start issue (my tuning) which drained my battery down right before that round. To the point of Billy A., that is why my car started and sounded like that. I now know what to do and what not to do in that situation. Luckily, I had great support from my vendor who ran out and helped me out and I won that round and went to the semi finals for the first time in BG.

I had the BS3 and I liked it very much. I bought mine over 4yrs ago and at that time I couldn't get the support that I could with the XFI. I had many issues with the BS3 and the Buick setup. Hell, my car is still pictured on the BS3 website. I made the swap to XFI and immediately went faster than I have ever been. 10.34 last year at BG with the small engine and 9.57 this year at BG with the stroker engine.

That is my experience. Both are good systems but without support they are worthless IMO. Both BS3 and XFI have similar options data logging, boost control, power adders, etc.

Call around and see who will give you the best support and go with it.

Great post Jason. I think your post is worth a ton as you are also one of the few who can say they have used two differnet systems on the same car.

Lots of good information is contained in this thread. One of the better ones I have seen in a while.

See ya, Kip

I have had an XFI on my car for almost a year and am very happy with it. Support from the vendor I bought it from (and FAST) has been excellent. I think it's user friendly (as long as one has the basic tuning concepts down) and reliable. I don't have a problem recommending it to anyone.

Good luck, Ed