Whats Better The F.a.s.t Or Big Stuff

countrybumpkin

TurboBuick.Com Known SCAMMER
I Have A Stroker Buick Kit From Dls And I Have 84 # Injectors Just Want To Know What Is A Better Unit And What Are The Cost Of These Units ??????

My opinion is that you should be concerned with the person/vendor where you purchase the system, not the small difference in trying to save a buck or 2.

Without the proper support for install and tuning, this could be a nightmare for someone with little, or no, experience [like me!] in setting up and programing an aftermarket computer.

Check and see what your local guys are doing, and how good or bad their experiences have been.

Your title states you are in Hollywood Florida. This should be a very easy decision for you, because you are all the way down in Florida.

Call: 321 722 1563

No doubt support is very important, but I would go with a BS3,classic FAST box, ACCEL Gen VII before I went with a XFI box as these XFI's have been known to blow motors and go into flash mode (No start), blow out IAC drivers without any notice what so ever.

SEVERAL gurus have reported flash mode "No Starts" and some keep it quiet. Facts are FAST needs to address this problem and so far they have yet to explain why some lose cam sync (Jason White at BG this year) car sounded like a top fuel dragster when he started it. I lost a race from a no start flash mode problem then lost a motor due to a defective XFI box.

Just sharing my real life experience with FAST XFI. Good luck with your decision. Remember, vendors make $$ on these products so it can often be about the sale and not the truth.

If you would like to chat about things a little more in detail shoot me a PM and I'll forward you my number.

No doubt support is very important, but I would go with a BS3,classic FAST box, ACCEL Gen VII before I went with a XFI box as these XFI's have been known to blow motors and go into flash mode (No start), blow out IAC drivers without any notice what so ever................

I wanted to give an unbiased opinion, which I did, but have to respond to Ted's comment.

We have experience with about about a dozen XFI systems that we have installed including one of the first production units. Some problems we have encountered have been with wiring harness, some with box software and some with exsisting bad components in the car.

We have never lost an engine or done damage as a result of the XFI system.

Am familiar with similar bugs with the Big Stuff, and one local guy sent his back because of lack of support.

Again, it is VERY important to deal with a vendor that will give proper tech support and warranty support if needed.:smile:

I wanted to give an unbiased opinion, which I did, but have to respond to Ted's comment.

We have experience with about about a dozen XFI systems that we have installed including one of the first production units. Some problems we have encountered have been with wiring harness, some with box software and some with exsisting bad components in the car.

We have never lost an engine or done damage as a result of the XFI system.

Am familiar with similar bugs with the Big Stuff, and one local guy sent his back because of lack of support.

Again, it is VERY important to deal with a vendor that will give proper tech support and warranty support if needed.:smile:

Thanks for the update Nick. Looks like there is even more reason to be concerned with XFI as I was unaware of wiring issues within the harness, and the software updates over time have been a joke to say the least(compatibility). I am glad you have had no engine failures with the XFI, I wish I could say the same but unfortunately, last years blowup (XFI box at fault) has still put a damper in my racing program and my wallet.

picture198rq5.jpg

I'm very confident that you will see BS3's support improve as there are more and more systems going into Buicks right now and more vendors selling them. Chris Lyons and Lonnie Diers are also great at support for the Gen VII and you see them at just about every event.

All I am saying is there has been a lack of concern for the crazy fluke things the XFI does. I can recall a vendors "XFI controlled" car at Norwalk experience a no start "FLASH" mode deal just recent. It is interesting how this stuff keeps off the net, but is reality every day.

Sometimes there is just a bad batch of units out there, some gen 7 boxes had problems with locking open the injectors and filing the motor up with fuel. I never have had a problem lwith mine like that, but still i keep a spare handy, so you don't get stranded, it will save you in the long run.

Losing a motor is the worst thing that could happen and i can see why your upset. Hopefully the problem gets resolved, so it doesn't happen again. What exactly broke there?

Ted, Please supply us with the vendor's name who had the "no start" problem because of the XFI. That way it won't be a guy who new a guy story and people can look into it by calling the vendor if need be.
Thanks, Kip

Sorry to hear your misfortune Ted. I was considering the XFI unit merely just to stay current and avoid coughing up my left testicle when my wideband goes South on my bank to bank FAST system. Aside from the $400 wideband on the older FAST boxes my unit has been great. I guess I will leave well enough alone.

Cal can get you a file for your classic system that wont require the 400 o2 now

Ted, Please supply us with the vendor's name who had the "no start" problem because of the XFI. That way it won't be a guy who new a guy story and people can look into it by calling the vendor if need be.
Thanks, Kip

Bill Anderson.

Big Stuff 3

The Big Stuff 3 has been great, no blow ups, loss of cam sync or flash mode B.S. The driveability is much better than the FAST unit that was removed. Data logging is a snap with the internal logger, recording up to 50 sensors at 50 frames per second. Tech support has been second to none from John Meaney, Mike Browne at Wires And Pliers and Ted A.

He said, he said?

:D I don't know a damn thing about this stuff, but a friend of mine that (according to him) talks to Kenny D. alot said's that Ken likes the Gen VII.:cool:

No doubt support is very important, but I would go with a BS3,classic FAST box, ACCEL Gen VII before I went with a XFI box as these XFI's have been known to blow motors and go into flash mode (No start), blow out IAC drivers without any notice what so ever.

SEVERAL gurus have reported flash mode "No Starts" and some keep it quiet. Facts are FAST needs to address this problem and so far they have yet to explain why some lose cam sync (Jason White at BG this year) car sounded like a top fuel dragster when he started it. I lost a race from a no start flash mode problem then lost a motor due to a defective XFI box.

Just sharing my real life experience with FAST XFI. Good luck with your decision. Remember, vendors make $$ on these products so it can often be about the sale and not the truth.

If you would like to chat about things a little more in detail shoot me a PM and I'll forward you my number.

Ted,

What system did you have on your car on its best pass, and if it was the classic did the xfi make simliar power or did it make more and potentially break the rods

Ted,

What system did you have on your car on its best pass, and if it was the classic did the xfi make simliar power or did it make more and potentially break the rods

XFI. I don't think anybody has ever broke 2 rods at the same time with another bent/buckled ready to go on the same bank #1, #3, #5.

I recall Paul having a conversation with Bobby about the rods after the fact and he stated the rods have taken quite a bit more power (Rankin and you) before failure.

The rods were checked out/magged when it was freshened up that spring. Either way any part can not deal with the abuse the erratic timing did to it when it broke.