What's everyone's source for MP3s?

russgoodman

I bought my wife an MP3 player, and we were wondering what everyone uses to download their MP3s. Ive used walmart before but they are like a dollar a pop. Wanted some more input before we got started. Also, tell me which ones to avoid if there are any (gimmicks, catchs, etc). Thanks!!

I have a library of CD's and ive done a little mp3 conversion but its pretty time consuming.

I should suck it up and do it though just for back up, i got whole frank zappa collection and just about every other hard to find except a couple such as a big brother and holding company album im still trying to find.

hugh rock and roll cat, heavy metal, some speed, death etc and alot of hard to find punk
but i aint got no Michael Bubbly.....lol

Not an answer to your question but if you want to start converting your existing collection there is software on the net, some free, some not, but if you just want to download expect to pay a upto a buck a song, or bit-torrent (sp?) is like an old napster but its still theft depending on how you look at it...yeah limewire link below on next post

i use sites like isohunt.com and mininova.com to search and use utorrent from utorrent.com to download em... just load the .torrent file into utorrent and you're good to go.

Anyone use Mp3 Rocket? I have been looking for a download site also. consumer guide rates this site #1

imesh is the easiest IMO, (click and drag), but costs about $8 per month. Bearshare is free but in order to avoid annoying ads you have to use the older version (according to my daughter). I could never get limewire/frostwire to connect for some reason.

MP3Fiesta! 10 cents per song, legally. At that price, it's just not worth doing it illegally.
Heh, if you're interested in the site, please use me as a reference by using this link so I get credit!
Download mp3 music, buy mp3 music – MP3fiesta.com

From their site:
1.1 million tracks online (7.8 TB [that 7,900 GB]!!!)

Hey Jack,

I'm about to sign up, how does one pay? Surely not (I hope!) by individual song. Do you prepay a certain amount into you "account" then draw it down with purchases?

Hey Jack,

I'm about to sign up, how does one pay? Surely not (I hope!) by individual song. Do you prepay a certain amount into you "account" then draw it down with purchases?

You pre-pay in (say) $18 blocks (other denominations available).

File server at work

Uh... unless the RIAA comes knocking. 80K+ .mp3 so far.