60' - 1.737

330 - 4.733

1/8 - 7.264

mph - 97.08

1000 - 9.464

1/4 - 11.34

MPH - 119.08

is it my 60" ft or ???? thanks .

I saw the video Tim, congrats. It looks to me like your due for some suspension upgrades and new slicks. It looks like the car is unloading the tires during the launch and its causing the car to bounce. I ran 10.60's with a bone stock rear end getting 1.48 sixty foots off the foot brake. But that was on a 28"x10.5" MT slick on a 10" rim. You have got a 11.1 in the car if you can hook a 1.55 sixty foot. New slicks and launch with more boost and your right there.

I saw the video Tim, congrats. It looks to me like your due for some suspension upgrades and new slicks. It looks like the car is unloading the tires during the launch and its causing the car to bounce. I ran 10.60's with a bone stock rear end getting 1.48 sixty foots off the foot brake. But that was on a 28"x10.5" MT slick on a 10" rim. You have got a 11.1 in the car if you can hook a 1.55 sixty foot. New slicks and launch with more boost and your right there.

thanks , yeah I think you maybe right . I think to replace the stock rear sway bar with a new ATR sway maybe a good idea as well . :)

How much boost are you leaving with? and how much down the track?

5 or 6 lbs , anymore than that I am completely traction impaired for the first 100ft . 26-27 lbs of boost down the track . I have Bilstien shocks all way around w/TRW cargo springs , I PS air bag with about 15-17psi ,front stock sway bar, stock rear sway bar and 28" M/T drag radials , boxed upper and lower rear control arms w/poly bushings . go figure . :)

5 or 6 lbs , anymore than that I am completely traction impaired for the first 100ft . 26-27 lbs of boost down the track . I have Bilstien shocks all way around w/TRW cargo springs , I PS air bag with about 15-17psi ,front stock sway bar, stock rear sway bar and 28" M/T drag radials , boxed upper and lower rear control arms w/poly bushings . go figure . :)

How`s your car come up on boost after the launch?
Times are soft with that boost level. When you leave the line, does it snap to full boost?

With your combo, you need to leave a bit harder to make that turbo work with the T-400`s gearing and 28in tires.

After re-reading again, sounds mainly like suspension/track issues.
Still, your mph IMO should be a bit higher with your boost level with a 66mm turbo.

Brian

How`s your car come up on boost after the launch?
Times are soft with that boost level. When you leave the line, does it snap to full boost?

With your combo, you need to leave a bit harder to make that turbo work with the T-400`s gearing and 28in tires.

After re-reading again, sounds mainly like suspension/track issues.
Still, your mph IMO should be a bit higher with your boost level with a 66mm turbo.

Brian

Boost comes up good IMO . I'd like to leave a little harder say at 10lbs on the transbrake . tried it once and my car did not get traction untill 1/4+ way down the track . I'll have to take another look at the rear suspension and try to get something that will work . check out youtube "Turbo Buick Traction Problem" . that was 10lb's on the transbrake . :)

Tim do you have just one fuel pump on the car? Did you run the alky at the track? i would tend to agree with Brian, the mph is down quite a bit. With your setup you should see 127 or more mph at 27psi, and be easily in the mid to low 10's. You definately got all the right parts. Time to fine tune it and extract the power outta that car. You might want to look at your converter slippage as well. That alone gave me 60 fts from 1.49 to 1.37 with no other change.

Tim do you have just one fuel pump on the car? Did you run the alky at the track? i would tend to agree with Brian, the mph is down quite a bit. With your setup you should see 127 or more mph at 27psi, and be easily in the mid to low 10's. You definately got all the right parts. Time to fine tune it and extract the power outta that car. You might want to look at your converter slippage as well. That alone gave me 60 fts from 1.49 to 1.37 with no other change.

yep one in tank pump with alky . My WOT egt's are at 1575-1647 range 02's at around 750-765 range off of the SM . , I thought I was dialed in pretty close .

i didn't read too carefully but are you locking the TC in 3rd gear? My dads car with the same setup as mine basically has gone 97-98 in the 1/8th and was doing 119-119.8 consistently like yours. I finally locked the converter and went 124 mph. Don't ask about the ET though, nitto drag radials that are 4 years old, bald, and a car that had no suspension mods made for some soft 2.00 launches.

i didn't read too carefully but are you locking the TC in 3rd gear? My dads car with the same setup as mine basically has gone 97-98 in the 1/8th and was doing 119-119.8 consistently like yours. I finally locked the converter and went 124 mph. Don't ask about the ET though, nitto drag radials that are 4 years old, bald, and a car that had no suspension mods made for some soft 2.00 launches.

It's a TH400 . :)

All those turbos make less power than yours.
There is a 75-100HP difference depending on how the turbos are optioned.
Please keep in mind the 400 will take more power to run than a 200.
What is your converter slipping???

Boost comes up good IMO . I'd like to leave a little harder say at 10lbs on the transbrake . tried it once and my car did not get traction untill 1/4+ way down the track . I'll have to take another look at the rear suspension and try to get something that will work . check out youtube "Turbo Buick Traction Problem" . that was 10lb's on the transbrake . :)

You aren't by chance running an aftermarket pinion snubber are you? If so pull it out, they unload a 4 link suspension like ours on a hard launch. If not, ignore my post. :wink:

All those turbos make less power than yours.
There is a 75-100HP difference depending on how the turbos are optioned.
Please keep in mind the 400 will take more power to run than a 200.
What is your converter slipping???

no idea on the slippage .I'll have to check my numbers next time out . also last time at the track a friend commented that my PS rear wheel was not spinning as well as the DS in the burn out box . maybe I'm getting some slippage in the rear end . is that possible ?

Your tune is probaby a bit rich, its easyt to do with alky. You should not use alky until you get the tune maxed out on c-16. That is why you have no top end

Your tune is probaby a bit rich, its easyt to do with alky. You should not use alky until you get the tune maxed out on c-16. That is why you have no top end

not using C16 Norbs . I add about 2 gals of 112 to just under half a tank of 94 octane . that was my mix at the track . :)