You can type here any text you want

Whats Next? Is the Computer Bad?... Help!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
Well. I went back to only 15lbs of boost, stock chip and 45PSI fuel pressure. Running either Sunoco 93 or 94.

I am still gettign odd things from my tubolink scans. I know Turbo Link is prone to a few bad screens of data from tiem to time, but every few minutes I get an Error code. Then My Tps voltage tends to spike. Oh, and the knock on the screen tends to spike.

No, when these things happen, I am just rolling along at a steady pace between 50-60mph. No engine noise changes or anything. Plus during the knock spikes... which happen frequently... The Knock guage does not pick them up. THis lead me to believe that the Engine sensors are not sending this information to the computer, but the computer is sending it out the ALDL port to my lap top.

I get a lot of knock when accelerating at a little over 1/2 throttle, around 5-10psi of boost. Which is odd because I am not really in it at all, but on my knock guage I get green-yellow and at WOT it takes No time to get in the red.

Plus I am only getting 20mpg, and when I first start the car it wants to rev up to 2000rpms for about 15 sec then fall to 1500 until it gets slightly warmer, then falls down to 1000-1200 until it gets warm and falls to 800.

I know my TPS is in spec, I know the IAC is fucntioning properly. I know my fuel Injectors are holding pressure, I know my Compression is good. The only thinkg I know right now that the car needs is the oil changed in the next 500 miles, the transmission fluid is do for a change in the next few weeks and it needs washer fluid.

I was getting about the same problems when I hd the Thrasher chip in, 20Psi and 46lbs of pressure, so What gives

I had a very similiar problem once. You may want to check the connections at the ECM. I had one pin corroded/broke on the ECM...replaced ECM, problem solved. Worth a check.

Ed

Here is a quick Snipit form Turbo Link

at 56Mph, 1750RPM, at steady speed... TPS Volts shot up to 3.86, Air is at 151 GpS, Load is at 61# and Retard is at 58.8*

MALF codes are from time to time:

25.. MAT voltage too high
31.. Waste Gate Pulses absent
32.. EGR Diagnostic circuit
33.. MAT sensor High
34.. MAT sensor Low
41.. Cam Sensor failure
44.. Exhaust Lean condition
51.. Incorrect Prom Checksum
52..Bad or missing CALPACK

With Thrasher.... I get all the same and then...

14.. CTS Voltage High
22.. TPS Voltage Low
24.. VSS
35.. IAC and/or Idle Speed Error
42.. EST Monitor Line Failure
53.. Water Injection Failure
54.. Fuel Pump Voltage Low (Um Hot Wire Kit?)

Sometimes they come in groups, other times they come individually.

I uses some rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts between the chips and the computer to make sure no durt had gotten into them, and didn't change a thing.

This crap is really making me miss my L98!

Originally posted by Kyle F

I uses some rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts between the chips and the computer to make sure no durt had gotten into them, and didn't change a thing.

This crap is really making me miss my L98!

Your contacts where your chip sets in the ECM may be OK, I was refering to the 2 wire harnesses that plug into the ECM......remove and check those contacts.

Ed

I would check the ECM grounds also, maybe just install the caspers ground kit, solved several of my problems.

Where does the ECM ground... and why woudl this problem just come out of no where.

I will pull it out from the dash tomorrow.

ASny toher Ideas... I have a day off of work tomorrow, so plenty of time to run Grimelins out.

the ground for the ecm is on back of the passenger side head.
It's bolted there. Usually gets crudded up with oil & gunk.

The best thing is get the caspers ground strecther kit. It's pretty cheap.

Also buy some 8 Gauge wire & ring terminals , make multiple ground points , like from the coil pack nuts to the firewall, and another from coil pack to manifold.

also check your ecm line coming of the battery termal + cable, Mines toast need to replace soon.

I like having extra ground points , it helped my car.

also you might have noise interference , try getting rid of the laptop and invertor in your car and see what happens.

Originally posted by 5ltretr
also you might have noise interference , try getting rid of the laptop and invertor in your car and see what happens.

I dont run an invertor to power the laptop..( ( believe this is what you are talkign about). I had used the laptop for almost a year and a half before I started having this problem.

Now, I did add a Kenwood CD player and Sirius radio, but was having the problem before that I do believe. I just ha dnolt logged any good data to compare.

Keep the Ideas coming. You made a good point, but unless the Radio is causing it, I have no added Electronics.

So, is there any other ideas... Would really like to have this figured out on my day off. I am driving the TTA daily for now.

Back