Whats s fair price for a brf transmission core

riviera

Trying to find out what fair price on a transmission core with the brf valve body thanks. Im not sure whats too much

I purchased on that was known good but sold as a core for $550

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

250-500 depending on several factors. if it worked when pulled it'll fetch the upper end of the scale, if the fluid looks like used engine oil it'll be the lower end.

Last edited:
The 1 that i found is 500 the tranny is slipping going into 3rd the br paint on the valve body is gone but it has the pressure switch and a steel sleevebon the tv plunger but im still not sure if it the real deal

I sold one for $200 to a guy I was trading with, who had bought other used parts from me. It was blown. It went after 170,000 miles on my 87 T that was running 12.3 with street tires. So, it was well used. :D

The 1 that i found is 500 the tranny is slipping going into 3rd the br paint on the valve body is gone but it has the pressure switch and a steel sleevebon the tv plunger but im still not sure if it the real deal

It should have two pressure switches

I'd walk from that deal unless you thoroughly check the things Dave pointed out in the other thread. For $500 you've got a hell of a down payment on a built trans from Dave or Lonnie etc built from a different core and made to work. There's other codes for performance trans cores that work good and in some cases preferred over the br. Or get ahold of bison and see if he still has br valve bodies from cars converted to kc valve bodies etc. either way I'd never be desperate enough to pay $500 for a "possible" brf core. remember you're mostly chasing part throttle manners and not WOT performance longevity with other cores when built properly.

I'd walk from that deal unless you thoroughly check the things Dave pointed out in the other thread. For $500 you've got a hell of a down payment on a built trans from Dave or Lonnie etc built from a different core and made to work. There's other codes for performance trans cores that work good and in some cases preferred over the br. Or get ahold of bison and see if he still has br valve bodies from cars converted to kc valve bodies etc. either way I'd never be desperate enough to pay $500 for a "possible" brf core. remember you're mostly chasing part throttle manners and not WOT performance longevity with other cores when built properly.
With a core u never know what you're getting. Years ago I sold one for under $100.

Years ago I drove 6 hours each way to pay $300 for one lol. And the sad part is, still on the floor as a core.....(no im not selling it I need it for my t-type).