You can type here any text you want

Whats the best stock replacement axles?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I wouldn't want a locker in anything I drive on the street . That ratchety, crackety when going around a turn . Just not for me. An Eaton is way better imo. They have a cool one with helical gears if you got money burning a hole in your pocket. Or the one with clutches is good too.
30 spline is stronger than 28. And if you are buying a new carrier anyway, 30 is the way to go if you plan on New axles now is the time to upgrade.
Did you get hold of the monzaz guy at jdrace.com? He knows his stuff.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What do you mean get "an eaton"? Eaton isn't a type of rear end, it's the manufacturer. They make the Detroit locker as well. Which Eaton are you referring to? And I haven't gotten ahold of him because I've been SUPER busy these past few days but I haven't forgotten. I will get a hold of him. :)

Eaton and 28 spline Moser axles have been fine for me.

What do you mean get "an eaton"? Eaton isn't a type of rear end, it's the manufacturer. They make the Detroit locker as well. Which Eaton are you referring to? And I haven't gotten ahold of him because I've been SUPER busy these past few days but I haven't forgotten. I will get a hold of him. :)

EATON posi unit. that uses clutches. it can be rebuilt if needed

What's your short times, 1.5's? Is that correct?
Yes. BTW what are your goals? 11s? 10s? Either way you will need good 60's so drag radials are in order along with the stronger axles and posi. I had an open rear that's why I went to the Eaton. Glad I did. No noises like a locker. Tight, no uneven stripes.

I don't mind noises. :) My goal on the strip is low 11's. And I have the slicks, I just have to get the wheels to mount them. Of course, after I get the tune down and my valves adjusted lol.

Yes. BTW what are your goals? 11s? 10s? Either way you will need good 60's so drag radials are in order along with the stronger axles and posi. I had an open rear that's why I went to the Eaton. Glad I did. No noises like a locker. Tight, no uneven stripes.

I also had a GN with factory non posi and aluminum drums ... didn't know they were made non posi

Ya, it was pretty silly. No traction at all.

Back