You can type here any text you want

whats the best valve cover gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thutch

i was just getting ready to replace the valve cover gaskets on the 85t i have
already purchased the fel-pro rubber gaskets but i read some where that cork is better.also want to replace the down pipe and up pipe gaskets,do they
come in a kit form.

valve cover gaskets

I like cork gaskets with the "right Stuff" on both sides. NO Leaks!, period.

i got the gm cork ones from Cotton's....they suggested I use weatherstrip adhesive to mount the gasket to the cover so it wouldn't move during installation...worked great...no leaks....YET:)

Cork with light spray of hi-temp aluminum paint on both sides of gasket...no leaks...

I used cork on one side and rubber on the other with black silcone, rubber gasket seems to be leaking good thing its the driver side.

How about the Fel Pro silicone rubber gasket? It is re-useable.
Conrad
Hot Air

You must hae gotten that motor really hot. Silicone is virtually indestructable.
Conrad

they weren't silicone, they were black rubber gaskets...we're talking maybe 1994-95...not the blue fel-pro ones that are out now

Yeah the darker ones are great and they are perma dry or something to that effect. Clean the surfaces and put them on dry and no leaks

felpro cork gasket is sold at your local auto parts store, if they dont have them you can order them right there, they sell them just make sure you ask for them. :) i have RJC extentions plates with silicon between block and extention, and cork between gasket and valve cover, Dry as the sahara desert. :)

Cork with light spray of hi-temp aluminum paint on both sides of gasket...no leaks...

After really dry, use the Red sticky gasket spray on the cover side only so they never move on covers. They never leak that way for me!! Cheers!

i only use FEL-PRO 1600...they are 3/16 thick instead on the usual 3/32.

spray em up with high temp silver paint to seal em and throw em on....not a drop of oil will leak.

Back