What's the difference between the different alky systems out?

Anthonyc

In God we Trust. In Buicks we go fast!
OK, I have been browsing around and looking at the various Alky systems that are on the market. Can any body please tell me what makes one system better then the other? Is one worth paying double the price. I know that you generally pay for what you get but? I have seen kits ranging from $300 - almost $700. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

You will want to get a Alkycontrol kit. Yes it is worth the extra money. Mainly because Julio is top-notch in the customer service department and he is usually available on this board. His kits are PROVEN! Plus there are probably hundreds, maybe over a 1,000, members on here with his kit that can help you troubleshoot if needed. Its a no brainer. If you do a search you will see a ton of these posts, and everyone of them will have a ton of replies saying the same thing.

Than you Russ I have spoken to Julio he sounded like a nice guy. I was just wondering because Summit has a kit for $350.00. If you don't mind me asking where are you from? I am in the Clearwater area of Florida just trying to meet some other TR enthusiast in the area.

You will want to get a Alkycontrol kit. Yes it is worth the extra money. Mainly because Julio is top-notch in the customer service department and he is usually available on this board. His kits are PROVEN! Plus there are probably hundreds, maybe over a 1,000, members on here with his kit that can help you troubleshoot if needed. Its a no brainer. If you do a search you will see a ton of these posts, and everyone of them will have a ton of replies saying the same thing.

XX2:D:D

If you do go Alkycontrol, and that is what I use and recommend, you are close to Julio's shop and he is very customer service oriented. Good luck.

The easy lesson when you own one of these cars is to read through these forums and see what works or doesnt work for these particular cars. Based on that you can then make your decision based on the experience of others. Sometimes it can be a good thing.. sometimes not. But at least you where able to make your decision. This should help you from going at it on your own.

As to the kits.. understand what it means to have a kit "specifically made" for your application and what is a universal kit. Understand the time and resources to make something that "works" and is figured out. Vs.. you making something work and subjecting your car to R&D. To save a few bucks in the grand scheme of things.

The money goes into lines, fittings, electrical wiring, map sensors, custom "stuff" done, controllers, etc. When these kits came out in 2003 for this type of car they where 395. After 9 years and 3800+ kits made.. the price has been increased to fix mistakes not thought of at the time of making the kit. You get what you pay for most of the time. Doubt that 350 kit from Summit will stay at 350 once you start changing stuff that gives you problems. You change lines, change fittings, realize it should be on a 3 bar map, then add a filter, etc.. you'll be way over the cost of a "made kit" and then still get into the way the controller or pump works with your car.

Good luck with your decisions.

We use to hang out at the BK on US19 Sat nights.. that closed and we all dont meetup there anymore. The Florida section may be a better place to look. The Central Florida club does a yearly meet at Old Towne. And the do the Daytona thing as well. Yesterday 3 of us where at the track.

HTH

+1 for Julio....

Bar none, the only alky kit for our cars..... customer service...... quality of the kit..... includes EVERYTHING you need to install the kit but doing it for you....