What's My Car Worth?

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the website and wanted to get some experienced opinions of what the market value is on what my 86 TT. The reason I am asking is I'm debating whether or not to sell. I've always wanted one of these cars since I was in high school when these cars came out in the 80's, but now that I finally have one I find myself really unable to drive as much as I would like. Not a whole lot of mods. Mainly stock. I bought it about 1 1/2 years ago. Car has original 87,xxx miles on it with one beautiful repaint. Motor recently rebuilt and not even broken in yet (less than 200 miles). Still needs some tweaking. Trans and turbo from what previous owner told me was rebuilt at approximately 82,000 miles. Car was from South Carolina and then to Texas and now here. Interior is almost flawless and no rust anywhere. I will attach a couple of pics to get some opinions. Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
photo 3.JPG
IMAG0216.jpg
photo 1.JPG

Good looking car. I love the white ones, so many nice ones on here, they keep popping up for sale too. If my ole barracuda would ever sell I would be chasing a few of them and white is on the top of my list . As for value, I am no expert but like 1 RARE T said $10 - $12000 seems to be what people are asking for ones similar to yours .

The market is real low right now. I'd say around 10k but a quick sale prob around 8k.

Man that seems low. I just looked on Hagerty's and NADA's websites and this is what they are rating these cars at:
http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/hvt/vehiclesearch/Report?vc=75584
http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1986/Buick/Regal/2-Door-Coupe-T-Type-Turbo/Values
If I were to rate my car very conservatively, I would be at a 2 on Hagerty's scale and above average on the NADA scale. Which certainly wouldn't put this car at 8-10K. But like you said, the market may be soft right now. If this is the case, I will just let it sit on it. I wouldn't imagine they would go any less in value. I really don't need the money. Just a shame to see the car sit.
I appreciate all the help from everyone. :)

Better off breaking the motor in and getting tuned. I would say 8 to10k

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

id say sit on it another year or two, put the orig t-rims back on put the emblems back on the trunk, put the intercooled emblems back on the sides, don't modify the car any further , brake it in and tune it don't beat on it and by the end of 2015 you will have a 15k+ car...or sell it tomor for $9500...

I don't know what your car's worth, but posting it in the I want to sell my car, here's the price, please buy it, isn't the way to find a value.;)

Man,
that is a really good looking T. I'm trying to sell mine too. Wish it looked that good.
John

I don't know what your car's worth, but posting it in the I want to sell my car, here's the price, please buy it, isn't the way to find a value.;)
What other suggestions might you have? Really only want to know if I should even sell or not. Again, I am a newbie to this forum. Just looking for thoughts and suggestions, not really selling officially. It's looking like I should just hold on to it for a while.

If you don't need the money, hold on to it until the market turns around. May be a year , may be 5 years who knows. As it is I think about 10K in today's market is about right. Probably not what you wanted to hear...so put her away for awhile. Good luck

Bryan

If you don't need the money, hold on to it until the market turns around. May be a year , may be 5 years who knows. As it is I think about 10K in today's market is about right. Probably not what you wanted to hear...so put her away for awhile. Good luck

Bryan
Your right. I think this is what conclusion I am coming to also. Thanks!

I like it...I like the wheels, if I was in the market I'd definitely consider it and I'd also install some GN emblems but I'm weird that way. The only detraction for me is the T-roofs but others like them. Even up in Canada I couldn't see that car pulling more than 10k right now, there was one very similar in my city a couple years ago that sat for quite awhile for $7900. I see there is a rebuild title one (but looks nice) in Vancouver for 11k.

imo T-Tops detract from its value slightly. but even so $11-12k as long as the interior is fine and there are no other surprises. thats actually a pretty desirable color to many. even with the burgundy interior. lotta ppl care for that. and white is certainly a desirable color as well.