Whats the first thing you did to your grand national

I really nice burnout... I drove it home like I stole it :D next replace bumper fillers and get the A/C working

My 86' GN - KB Fibroglass front scoup an K@N fileter.Lost the Cat an up pipe for spin in from the bottom full welded test pipe,Lost the Single over rear end Mufflers for Duels ,Aux fuel pump off 1987 944 turbo Porsche, Full urethane Suspension f/r with ATR boxed rears,Rate springs,Circle track Bilisteins,ATR sway bars f/r, an 150hp Nitrous Oxide kit. 8^) (NOS first kits for the GN, black inlet pipe with two power shot solenoids with fogger nossle in it)

Handled like a vette an ran 11.90's all under Dealer warranty,10 years/unlimited miles

(Remove NOS,Spin the Cat. up pipe back in,go to dealer)

Bad Clown!

I had probably the very first '86 produced. Four weeks later, the powermaster went out, and the dealer replaced the entire unit. The same time, they replaced the turbo (car had 250 miles on it when delivered, so probably MANY people beat it up prior to delivery). Then, a few weeks after that, an insurance company called and asked to take pictures of the interior. Apparently, one of their insured had his car stolen and stripped, so the insurance needed to replicate the GN interior because the replacement parts weren't available. So, they went to embroidery shop to make the patterns, match the fabric, and so on. Probably used the standard Regal bucket seats and rear seat as a base.

The car lived on. The car was originally leased, and so I purchased it in 1989 for $7800 from the leasing company with 48,000 miles on it. Far as the leasing company was concerned, it was a six cylinder Buick Regal....!

Gee, the first thing.... mechanical oil and coolant temp gauges in a dual holder in front of the shifter.

Chuck

Bought a Scanmaster - still trying to figure out what all has been done to the car. I know it has a TA49 and Ultrachip w/thumb wheel, K Belle ram air and stock injectors. Right now doing some of the "first steps" that haven't been done, passenger breather block, throttle body lines. Today ordered adjustable fuel pump reg, new IC hoses and vacuum block.
Car has been pretty much sitting for 15 years.

By this thread, it sure is easy to tell who bought one and drove it off the lot and who got 'em years later.......

I miss my original '86 GN, the one I drove off the lot from Peter Epstien Buick in Palm Springs, California, I miss it so very much! Some POS thief stole it in '96, never to be seen again.

I gotta say, I love my white TR, and it's WAY faster than my GN would have ever been, but I MISS MY GN!!!!!!!!

Towed it home because the powermaster was leaking. Joined Turbobuick.com! Ordered a rebuilt powermaster from gbodyparts. Next was fuel pump, hotwire, test pipe. Started out all stock but with an old hypertech chip, and this was just back in January. It's amazing how the addiction progresses.

Purchased a new 83 "T" and was embarrassed by an 80 year old lady in a 70's chevy impalla when I went to pass her @ 70mph. She kicked it down and I followed suit only to realize the car was limited to 85 and I watched her walk away doing 100mph! There were no chips available at the time. When I got home went to work w/160, water injection and a home made boost controller. Which didn't make much of a differance w/the 85 limit still in the chip. Hyper-chip came out w/a chip about a year later of very little value. By the time the stg III came out, I was looking at the 86 gn's.

Purchased a new 83 "T" and was embarrassed by an 80 year old lady in a 70's chevy impalla when I went to pass her @ 70mph. She kicked it down and I followed suit only to realize the car was limited to 85 and I watched her walk away doing 100mph! There were no chips available at the time. When I got home went to work w/160, water injection and a home made boost controller. Which didn't make much of a differance w/the 85 limit still in the chip. Hyper-chip came out w/a chip about a year later of very little value. By the time the stg III came out, I was looking at the 86 gn's.

I used to modify the VSS signal (divide it in half) to fool the ECM speed governor code. When you hit 70, the signal told the ECM that you were doing 35. Early day stuff.

First thing was hard pipe and K&N cone, fuel pump n hotwire, fuel psi reg, chip caspers thumbwheel, t stat, gutted cat and scanmaster, art carr high tech valve body kit and aux trans cooler , gauges.Then injs, atr crossflow exhaust. Of course the basics like....jump fan resistor, tb coolant lines,

Wheels....every mod and then some was done to the car already....the big billet wheels didn't do it for me....next I revamped the entire interior and now it looks ridiculously clean.

I used to modify the VSS signal (divide it in half) to fool the ECM speed governor code. When you hit 70, the signal told the ECM that you were doing 35. Early day stuff.
Wish I knew about that back then!