You can type here any text you want

What's wrong with these pictures?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
Well I think I'm getting close :D but I'd like to hear if anybody can see any problems with these pictures? Anything forgotten? Also how much farther should I go with assembling accessories before installing? I plan to bolt the tranny to it, and the rad is still in the car :eek: :eek: Any problems with that? Also I'm not sure if I got the bolts with studs on both ends in the right place on the intake manifold? Yet to go on are motor mounts of coarse... But what about turbo, alternator etc?
Thanks fellas.

Attachments

• DSC02009.JPG
    DSC02009.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 596
  • DSC02010.JPG
    DSC02010.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 606
  • DSC02012.JPG
    DSC02012.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 592
if you want to figure out iof you have the manifold studs in the right places, install everything on the motor on the stand before putting it in. you can take it all back off, but it helps to visualize where everything goes.
you either need to put an egr valve on it, or put a blockoff plate in it's place.
take the radiator out before putting the motor back in- there is plenty of room with it in there, but you can never have too much room, and it's easy to poke something thru the rad core as you put parts in the engine bay. the radiator should be about the last thing that goes in.

I would leave the trans in the car, I like to swing the motor with the headers & turbo already on- less to do in the car.

This is usually as far as I go when installing them, minus the coil pack/module and wires. Just had them on the motor to get the wires in the right place and wire tyed.

Attachments

• IMG_3545.jpg
    IMG_3545.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 535
Good stuff - thanks. The tranny and converter are new so they're out of the car, would you still put them in by themselves first? I thought it would be nice to get the converter and tranny all lined up and bolted together on the crane?

Attachments

• DSC02017.JPG
    DSC02017.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 516
Left rear move the stud forward one for the egr... right side ..take the back stud an put it up front (holds the engine bracket..BUT most never put it back on ) I don't do the engine and trans together.. BUT some like to .

Bolt trans & motor together & everything but coil pac. I leave the rad in. If doing separately I like to do the tranny last. I find it easier to line up that way. Some do the opposite. So whatever you choose will be fine.
If you have stock tranny lines then no crossover. I have flex lines so I leave it on.

Hey David, if you drop it in together where do you hook your lifting chains to?
I thought perhaps there was supposed to be two lifting hooks on there but I can only find one? Is there just the one Dan mentioned - intake psgr front?
Thanks again guys!

I always used the front/back of the cylinder heads to lift it in, seemed ok. Don't try to put them in together if you have a RJC deep oil pan on the engine though, twas not fun lol. I would also plug the turbo oil feed on the block and prime it on the stand to check for oil leaks as well.

What's wrong? You have the t-stat hole covered so something doesn't get into the cooling system when you really need to have the throttle body and exhaust holes covered so something doesn't get into them.;) Other than that...:cool:

Acutally I had the cam sensor hole plugged with a rag, and I just had the other end wrapped around the t'stat housing.

Back