You can type here any text you want

wheel balance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello; How many out there have there balance weights on the inner side of the rim?
The tire guy told me it's not as good of a balance like that. Any experiances?
IBBY

Second or third best. A true dynamic wheel balance will have weights inside and out.
To me, the old on the car spin balance done by an experienced man is the best.

^^^What he said or as an alterative there is one that loads the tire like it would be on the road. Firestone has the equiptment in most of their stores but I cant remember what it's called

Match mounting and road force balancing are the best practices. Match mounting puts the tire and wheel position in the best location to use minimal weight. The road force balancing is a balancing machine that applies a wide roller to simulate a tire/wheel assembly going down the road. I have my wheels balanced on the inside and out.

Thank you, I couldn't remember what it was called. It works btw. I've used it on customers car and was suprised how well it stopped vibration.

Been running it that way since my car was new the me(86 GN bought in 87). And I've had it up past 150 on a closed course and it runs high 11's in the 1/4. I've never noticed the slightest imbalance in other words. Plus I don't have to worry about some dumbazz tech guy b1tching me out for having wheel weights on the drag slicks. What you can't see.........

Seems to me the factories are doing it that way also on these new fangled beadless wheel designs?:confused:

I have the weights placed on the inner part of the rims on all my cars. Looks much cleaner that way. Some have advised me not to go that route, but I think weights on the outer part of the rims just looks silly.

Back