You can type here any text you want

Wheel offset and back spacing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick Turbo V6

Define stock!
Looking to run these wheels, anyone use these before? Or ESR wheels in general? Not sure what back spacing and offset to go with. The frame is untouched but I have no problem doing the notch if needed. Thinking 17" front and rear. So what width should I be looking at? I would like the center to be moved in more, I know that has to do with the offset.

Thanks!
Wheel1.webp

It really depends on wheel width, tire size and especially brake setup.
For stock front disc/ rear drum brakes 17x8.5 (4.5” backspace/ -6 offset) and a 255/45 tire works well on the front.
17x9.5 (4.75” backspace/ -12 offset) with a 285/40 tire is a snug fit without rolling the fenders or notching the frame.
It seems the ESR wheels on EBay are typically a front wheel drive offset and would need wheel adapters to get the right backspace/ offset.
Aftermarket A-arms are a big help for clearance if looking for really wide wheels on the front.

These helped me a lot when looking for new wheels.
IMG_0487.jpeg

IMG_2593.jpeg

Thanks for the info. ESR will make any width/offset/ back spacing. Just trying to figure out how to get the auto cross look with the wheels.

17 x 8 front. 4.5" B. S. 245/45R17
17 x 10 rear. 4.75 B. S. 275/40R17
Rolled rear lips.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpeg
    IMG_1315.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 24
Nice! Thanks, do you know the offset on the rears?
My wheel guys (Boze Forged) didn't deal with offset, just backspacing. There are calculators you can use to plug in wheel size and backspace to get offset.

Back