Wheel offset

snail power

Just looking at a set of wheels I kow can fit pattern wise but have an offset of 35mm... Would I need to throw in a 1/2" spacer to compensate somewhat for the higher offset or if I am mistaken....please correct me or provide the info I seek.

Thanks,

Nick

depending on wheel width, this is about 1" too much inward offset.

If the wheels are 8" or wider, you'll need somewhere between 1/2" to 1" spacer to make them work in back to keep them off the frame. You can probably get away with a 1/2" spacer in front.

Yeah sorry forgot to mention the width being 18x8.5 F and 18x9.5 R.... Can anyone give me an exact amount or close enough on size spacer needed and best place to purchase from?

Thanks,

Nick

AND btw THANKS UNGN

Originally posted by snail power
Yeah sorry forgot to mention the width being 18x8.5 F and 18x9.5 R.... Can anyone give me an exact amount or close enough on size spacer needed and best place to purchase from?

If you want an exact number, you're probably going to have to jack the car up and get in there with a tape measure. Everybody's car is just a little different, and when you're pushing the limits with a 9.5" wide wheel in the back, what worked for somebody else may not work for you.

As for where to get them, Summit.

Don't forget to get longer rear lug studs. Don't drive around with two threads engaged on your rear wheels. ;)

LOL,,, Trust me I know from seeing my friends wheels dashing across the turnpike after he thought 3 full turns was enough and the wheel making its way into a canal..hahaha thanks for bringing back the memory!... I go with a min of 5 to 6 full turns. Thanks again guys...

Nick