You can type here any text you want

Wheel spacers with stock lugs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gninpa

I have 4 GTA fronts all around, but the rears rub a little bit on turns. I would also like them to sit out a little bit further. Question is, is it safe to run spacers on teh rear with stock lugs? If so, how big? TIA

I wouldnt go more than 1/2". I run 1" dapters in rear w/o changing anything and 7/16" in front, and I changed those studs to longer to be safe.

I run a quarter inch spacer in the rear and have plenty of threads to torque to spec. This is on the factory GN wheel.

it will be fine. just make sure you can torque to spec. I changed the studs on mine, no problems.

the NHRA rulebook says that the threaded part of the stud has to stick into the hex part of the nut by the diameter of the stud- so a 12mm stud would have to stick 12mm into the hex part of the nut.
this seems like a good rule to follow.
pull one lug nut off and see how much stud sticks out past the wheel, then subtract the thickness of the spacer you want to run and see if it is still long enough.
also, check to see how much of the center hub is sticking out past the drum- the wheel centers off this hub and it actually holds most of the weight of the car.

I had to use a 1/4" spacer with 275/60 15 DR and I didn't feel safe with the about of thread engagment that I had. I got longer ARP studs and don't have to worry about it. Cheap insurance.

Back