You can type here any text you want

Wheel/Tire Dimension Database Needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I am struggling with selecting the best wheel/tire combo for my 84GN. I see a lot of questions in this section about same. I would like to start a database of dimensions of wheel & tire dimensions. I would propose to develop a table and accompanying drawing so we can all know what we are working with.

The table would include:

1. Manufacturers info such as:
Wheel manufacturer, model, diameter, and width
Tire manufacturer, model, and size

2. Actual measurements from tires actually mounted on the wheel
Distance from the axle flange to the back side of the tire
Width of the tire at it's widest point (not the tread width).

3. You could also provide fitment info such as: rolled fenders, altered frame rails, aluminum brake drums, rear disk brakes, air bags, air shocks, etc.

I could fax copy of the table and wheel drawing (to be sure we are all talking about the same dimension) to anyone interested in sharing info on their particular combo or I could e-mail documents in Word or Excel or Lotus 1-2-3.

Anyone beside me think this is a good idea?

Conrad Carter
Hot Air

Does most everyone have Microsoft Excel or Word on their computer?
Conrad

There are some good ideas on the Chevelle site but I want to take it a bit further. I want to document the tire data also...the inner and outer edge of the tires with respect to the rim mounting flange. This is especially helpful when trying to fit a wide rear wheel/tire on a G-body while trying to avoid the frame and the wheel lip.

Conrad

It would be helpful and most importantly, it would give people a place to look instead of asking the same stuff over and over again "what's the biggest tire I can fit", "will this wheel size work".

Just depends on how many people would really come forward and contribute information.

I wouldn't count on too many people having Excel. A spreadsheet might be helpful for some, I could turn it into an image file so people can just load it in their browser and read it.

So, does anyone know how to do that?
Conrad

Back