You can type here any text you want

Wheelie bars on stock suspensions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

Anybody ever put wheelie bars on a stock style rear suspension?

How well do they work? What style bars?

My next project is a 9" housing. Might as well get the tabs welded on now.

Dave

Sorry to ask a dumb question..... by "stock style" you mean a 9 inch with after market springs? So basically, you are going to use a 9 inch that has the stock length axels, nothing narrowed right?
When you get wheelie bars, get something decent, don't buy the el cheapo mail order crap, I have read that a set of wheelie bars under 72" won't do much for you. I know of a guy that fabricates moly wheelie bars for about $600, and they are nice. When it comes to put some on my car, I'll probably get the 84" long set. :) Pretty much any good chassis shop can make you a set I would think.

wheelie bars

dave, three years ago i did a big wheelie the rear bumper hit the ground, i let off the pedal, when it come down it bent my frame , two inches, busted my oil pan, busted my innercooler, busted my front glass bumper. so i bought used wheelie bars off a super gas car, they come to my rear bumper, i have a factory 8 1/2 rear and factory type suspension, the bars work great, 1.34 5 lb boost 60 foot that was on a slick wed, nite track [ they dont spray the track on wed, nite test and tune] good luck.:)

Odell,

That is exactly what I don't want to happen. I was at BG when my friend Ricardo pulled the biggest wheelstand I've ever seen a stock supensioned GN pull. My new motor will probably make more power than the engine he was using at that time.

Stu, I will not do the cheap route. I just got the car back from the chassis shop for a new 12 point custom chromoly cage, antisway bar and chute mount. I will do a nice chromoly piece.

Big wheelstands are cool to watch, but putting one on the bumper is just too dangerous.

Dave

Dave,

The wolfe ones are molly what did you think of them?

Originally posted by turbodave231
Odell,

That is exactly what I don't want to happen. I was at BG when my friend Ricardo pulled the biggest wheelstand I've ever seen a stock supensioned GN pull. My new motor will probably make more power than the engine he was using at that time.

Stu, I will not do the cheap route. I just got the car back from the chassis shop for a new 12 point custom chromoly cage, antisway bar and chute mount. I will do a nice chromoly piece.

Big wheelstands are cool to watch, but putting one on the bumper is just too dangerous.

Dave

Sweet! Are there any pics of the chassis work on your links? I'd be curious to see. Yeah, wheelstands and really small tires with big hp is fun for the spectators, just a handle if you're behind the wheel.:eek: :D

John,

The Wolfe bars look really nice.

I have a local guy (Tim Clow) who can fabricate nearly anything in chromoly. I will post some pictures of the cage, chute mount and the rear swaybar when I have the car back together. This guy did an amazing job on my cage.

I expected to leave the interior out of the car. He made it very easy to put all the parts back in. He welded everything with the headliner in place. And I can get in and out of the car easier than with the previous 6 point bar.

I had a set of long wheelie bars made for my car. My car sits low and I ran into a problem where I couldn't get the wheelie bars high enough without hitting the rear bumper on the launch. Anything over a 4" wheelie and the bar would contact the bumper.

Now, I just play with the front suspension to get the results I want (sometimes :) )

i bought a set of the jegster moly bars for my new car, nice quality, we did a bit of modifying, but worth the money
Grant

Originally posted by n20junkie
i bought a set of the jegster moly bars for my new car, nice quality, we did a bit of modifying, but worth the money
Grant

What new car did you get? Did you sell the regal?

no i still ahve the regal, i just call it the new car cause it hasn't been on the track yet
Grant

Cool, I know what you mean now. Same here, I have an unused chassis, a few years old, but never seen the strip or street.:)

mine has only been out of the trailer for a few days, hopefully i can get it on the dyno by mid sumer
Grant

Back