You can type here any text you want

wheels off the ground.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Its already got the home made torque strap, as well as solid motor mounts. The car just twists so badly. When ever I go for a ride with him and he gets on it, I feel like I'm very close to the pavement. That poor car.

Yes. 468 Chevy with a little (4-71?) blower and a 150 shot. Lots-o-torque. Ran about 96 mph in the 1/8 mile off the bottle.

O/T

Alan,

Absolutely a beautiful car!!! The 69 GS is a stunning car aesthetically, but coupled with the convertible top like yours, incredible! It is my favorite body style of any car.

Mike

Originally posted by turbosam6
Yes. 468 Chevy with a little (4-71?) blower and a 150 shot. Lots-o-torque. Ran about 96 mph in the 1/8 mile off the bottle.

Ouch! That combo means pain...on the windshield, the quarter panels, the doors etc but I have one question why so small of a blower? I'd chuck that and put a fogger system on it. I am certainly no roots style blower expert but can that thing pass enough air to feed that engine?

Yeah, its a mild motor. the blower works so well its sickening. The only way you'd ever know it was there is if you look under the hood. The car starts faster than any vehicle I've ever driven. He called Holley's tech line when he bought the blower, they recommended the blower and the carb he's running. The only downside to the whole thing is the single digit gas mileage. Its got a plate on it, and is just stupid on slicks on the street. The front of the car is fiberglass, the rest is steel. We put a vinyl top on it because the roof will always be wrinkled. He built it for about $13000, its pretty nice. Viper yellow and original SS interior. Keeps lunching trannies though. Might have something to do with him leaving on the trans brake at every light!

Re: O/T

Originally posted by Black Demon
Alan,

Absolutely a beautiful car!!! The 69 GS is a stunning car aesthetically, but coupled with the convertible top like yours, incredible! It is my favorite body style of any car.

Mike

Thanks for the compliments Mike !!

Its taken a long time to get the car where I want it and I've given up some ET but I feel I have the best of both worlds in that its totally highway/streetable running pump gas yet scoots down the 1320 pretty well too - and it knocks off 15-17mpg on the highway at 65-70 while running a mild 2600rpm.

Of course I agree with you about the '69 body style but its a love it or hate it piece as alot of people prefer the 70-72 body style.

Back