Where can I find an O-ring that goes between Oil Cooler Adapter and pump?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Mine has sprung a leak there, can't seen to find them listed anywhere.

Thanks

Yeah, right after I post this I search google instead of on here and found a thread about the thicker o-rings from Earl and Kirban, and in the auto parts HELP section part# 82560....and of course its posts on this forum..why the search on here didn't find it who knows..technology lol.
Thanks!

In a pinch, you can use the gasket from an oil filter, not a permanent solution, but it can get you home.

But then again, so can just removing the adapter and putting the filter directly on the housing.

In a pinch, you can use the gasket from an oil filter, not a permanent solution, but it can get you home.

But then again, so can just removing the adapter and putting the filter directly on the housing.

that ring will fail , easier as yu posted is just unscrew the adapter nut , push cooler aside and screw the oil filter back on

Yeah, right after I post this I search google instead of on here and found a thread about the thicker o-rings from Earl and Kirban, and in the auto parts HELP section part# 82560....and of course its posts on this forum..why the search on here didn't find it who knows..technology lol.
Thanks!

That one isn't thicker than stock. It's just a 146 (or 147, I can't recall for sure). The GM groove in the sammich adapter isn't the right dimensions for a o-ring of that size. A conventional sized o-ring should stick up well below flush so that it gets 'squished' into a square and has good contact on all four sides. The groove GM cut leaves as stock sized o-ring just barely above flush. Nowhere near enough to deflect the material and load it against the sides properly.

That's why it's a VERY common place to have an oil leak.

s-l1600.jpg