You can type here any text you want

Where can I get an eye bolt

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Beamer

My eye bolt was mis-placed when doing my roller cam change and I need to find one somewhere.

Is there a known place to buy the eye bolt for my alternator? My strap and mechanism is just fine, nothing to grab ahold of the motor.

Thanks,
Mike

My eye bolt was mis-placed when doing my roller cam change and I need to find one somewhere.

Is there a known place to buy the eye bolt for my alternator? My strap and mechanism is just fine, nothing to grab ahold of the motor.

Thanks,
Mike

Lowes or Home Depot?

Tractor Supply Co.
They have a "drop forged eye bolt" that's much stronger than regular ones.
HTH

Tractor Supply Co.
HTH

We have one of those locally, that I will try.

I thought about Lowes or Home Depot, but thought they would not have anything strong enough. But I could have been wrong about that.

Thanks for the idea...

Mike

Tractor Supply Co.
HTH

You've got to love those farm supply hardware stores.Farm & Fleet in this area.They've even have some metric hardware.

You've got to love those farm supply hardware stores.Farm & Fleet in this area.They've even have some metric hardware.

I miss having one a few miles from the house back in Kansas. Not sure they have any here on the left coast. :biggrin:

Why not just replace the driver's side engine mount if needed? I think most have came to the conclusion that the ratchet strap was nothing more than a gimmick.

Why not just replace the driver's side engine mount if needed? I think most have came to the conclusion that the ratchet strap was nothing more than a gimmick.

A buddy was sort of saying something similar. My mount is just fine, but he was suggesting a HR mount.

With money tighter than a few months ago, I am preferring to spend less for an eye bolt to see if it helps with my false knock that I am seeing. I know that my DP (BGC elbow to 3" DP) is close to my AC housing, but the twist of the motor should drive it down away from the housing on the passenger side. I am wanting to ruls that out a little. I do know that the motor raises on the driver side, without a strap.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Ratchet strap will cause false knock as well, not to mention broken parts. Just go to the parts store and get you an $8 new replacement engine mount.

i orderd mine from mcmaster carr it has a shoulder on it it is built to take side load it was about 10$

can't beat the HR drivers mount.works really well. a little more expensive than other fixes,but worth it

Ratchet strap will cause false knock as well, not to mention broken parts. Just go to the parts store and get you an $8 new replacement engine mount.

I am positive that my DS mount is just fine. I just feel that it still allows the motor to lift quite a bit.

How does a ratchet strap cause false knock? I do not see how it would, but am open to ideas.

I checked HRs site and it is down to be redone. Does anyone know what they go for? Kinda curious here.

Mike

when i bought my ds HR mount i think it was like 80 bucks. that was a few years ago. my motor does not move around with this mt.

#0102 - Drivers side Polyurethane Mount 78-87 GM G-Body (stk 3.8 ONLY) $129 #0101 - Pair of Polyurethane Motor Mounts 78-87 GM G-Body (stk 3.8 ONLY) $249

#0102 - Drivers side Polyurethane Mount 78-87 GM G-Body (stk 3.8 ONLY) $129 #0101 - Pair of Polyurethane Motor Mounts 78-87 GM G-Body (stk 3.8 ONLY) $249

= worth it. No moving around, no worry about it. Call Brian at Gbody, or one of the other vendors.

Back