You can type here any text you want

Where to buy stock brake lines?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

I busted the hard line to the rear brakes from the proportioning valve. Where can i get a replacement that isnt going to cost $100? Thanks.

One option is to buy a roll of brake line tubing and make your own. You can use the original as a pattern for the bends and angles. The flares can be a little tricky if you haven't done them so a bit of practice first helps - and you only have to do two of them. It is really not all that hard to do. Just take your time and do a good job.

If I were you I would go to a junk yard and pull one off of a 2 door G-body like a Regal, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix or Cutlass They should all the same

I dont have a double flaring tool so thats out of the question. My next idea was junk yard. Thanks alot!!

call classic tube and just order that line . you dont have to buy the whole kit. they will sell seperate. i believe the whole kit is 179.00 and that is for stainless. so that one line in oem steel should not be that bad. tring to pull that line off a junk car and reusing it is not going to be easy.you can get straight tubing from part store with unions"not compression fittings" and they sell a fitting that will adapt 1/4inch line to to rear of prop valve.just cut your line off in sections and then prebend straight sections and then install sections and union them together. be carfull at rear hose. what i do is cut steel brake line right at rear hose .then pull clip that holds hose to frame and lower rubber hose. that way you car use a socket and a wrench to loosen fitting to get it out of hose. its easier to start new steel line into hose with the hose off frame do not heat fitting that is left in hose. if you do hose will pop:eek: . and then you will be making rear lines to cylinders. hope this helps. good luck

Back