You can type here any text you want

Where to get a new wideband O2 for the Fast system?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttypewhite

My wideband O2 is gone on my Fast system. Who sells this O2 at the best price? Also is there any other widebands that can be used with this Fast system that are equally as good if not better/ or is that a no no? Please through up some links to sites or what ever info you have.
Thanks in advance

I think the sensor has gone up in price minmium 450-500 USD. Racetronix may be your best price as they are a FAST dealer. THe bosch sensor can't be used. Or buy the new fast system for a undisclosed price, it can use the bosch sensor which costs $45 instead.:(

We are direct with FAST also. We sell them for $349

Originally posted by norbs
buy the new fast system for a undisclosed price, it can use the bosch sensor which costs $45 instead.:(

The price is undisclosed because it's not for sale yet. Sorta like determining the price of a 2006 GTO

Originally posted by HighPSI
The price is undisclosed because it's not for sale yet. Sorta like determining the price of a 2006 GTO

Any think like, *If you have to ask, you can't afford it* :) :)

If it's lead fouled you can bring them back to life with a propane torch.

Originally posted by 10SV6
If it's lead fouled you can bring them back to life with a propane torch.

I'd be leery of that being universally true, you might cure a WB that's been fouled from richness. The actual sensor is hiden deep in the housing. If you look at a *hot* WB, it's only a pinhole of orange that you can see, that is the sensing element.

To get one hot enough to vaporize the lead off the sensor, IMO, I'd want to get it put on a gas bench, and have it double checked.

I had the tune up real close to begin with. Senor flat lined at 15.94. Heated it with a propane torch for 5 minutes or so. Reinstalled it. Fired it up and correction was right back to where it had always been. It's worth a shot before you spend several hundred dollars. It's also a trick that might keep somebody going rounds at the track.

Originally posted by ttypewhite
Is $349 the best price out there for this wideband? Anyone else?

There is only 30 points between J (street price) and dealer cost so it's not as if dealers are making a killing on this part. There is only so much room to move on them.

This seems like a good time to ask this question.

I never got a straight answer from FAST on it.

I am running leaded race fuel in my truck like many other folks do in their cars with boost.

Any idea how long the sensor will last with the leaded fuel, and what warnging signs appear to let me know, time to dump some cash into the truck again for a new one?

I am also thinkin' about the swap to the XFi on this truck, and put my old FAST on my tow vehicle with the 507 Caddy in it. I like some things I have heard rumors about with the XFi.

Originally posted by NOVI2KRT
This seems like a good time to ask this question.

I never got a straight answer from FAST on it.

I am running leaded race fuel in my truck like many other folks do in their cars with boost.

Any idea how long the sensor will last with the leaded fuel, and what warnging signs appear to let me know, time to dump some cash into the truck again for a new one?

I am also thinkin' about the swap to the XFi on this truck, and put my old FAST on my tow vehicle with the 507 Caddy in it. I like some things I have heard rumors about with the XFi.

Usually you notice your idle (assuming close loop idle) and drivability suffering first. You can also check the dashboard voltages for your WBO2 to make sure they are within spec. A voltage that is highlighted in red is bad news. Every sensor I have had go bad has shown a lean condition which is in contradiction to what we are told to expect. If your MAPs are calibrated well and your drivability starts to suffer simply disabling the WBO2 should get everything to behave as normal. It is not hard to notice a failing sensor. The hour life is impacted by many things other than just the lead in the gas so trying to guess as to its life span is very difficult. One thing that is for sure is that on average turbo motors are a lot harder on O2 sensors than NA motors.

Once your tune is right, why not take out the sensor and run in open-loop? My sensor hasn't been installed for over a year now. The sensor helps you tune your VE table, but after that you should be able to remove it and store it somewhere safe.

-Bob C.

The whole idea of usinf the wideband is to save fuel on the street, without you might as well use a gen 6 dfi then. There is -25 fuel correction on decel , and differerent weather all effect correction:eek:

Originally posted by norbs
The whole idea of usinf the wideband is to save fuel on the street, without you might as well use a gen 6 dfi then. There is -25 fuel correction on decel , and differerent weather all effect correction:eek:

Exactly. The fuel savings over a 2-3 month span on a vehicle that is driven on a semi-regular basis will pay for the WBO2. Proven it first hand here many times.

Wait a minute.

You are saying that the fuel savings in 3 months can pay for a new sensor?

So, I can save $349 in fuel by having the wideband installed, in three months of driving? That's funny, because I get the exact same fuel mileage whether or not my O2 is installed. How much do you pay for fuel and how many miles do you drive?

Please post the records of your mileage traveled and gas consumed, I think you are miscalculating the fuel savings.

Norbs, I also get -25% correction on decel, but I suspect an inaccurate reading under those conditions (since that doesn't change when I drastically reduce my VE numbers in that area). And 25% correction of a 2% duty cycle isn't gonna mean squat. Besides if you are getting the fuel savings from your decel condition alone, then you must drive down a lot of steep mountains.

For any other conditions, if you have less than 3% correction, then your VE table is close enough that you can remove the sensor.

I will concede that if someone is driving around with horribly inaccurate VE tables and they are relying on the O2 for the tuning, then the O2 will help you. But even then, I don't believe $349 savings in 2-3 months. (And besides, the person whose tables are that inaccurate should trade their controller back in for a stock unit as they don't understand how to use what they have).

I will also concede that humidity and temperature can have very mild affects on engine operation, but no way will that ever make up $125 / month iin fuel savings.

-Bob Cunningham

Originally posted by bobc455
Wait a minute.

So, I can save $349 in fuel by having the wideband installed, in three months of driving? That's funny, because I get the exact same fuel mileage whether or not my O2 is installed. How much do you pay for fuel and how many miles do you drive?

Please post the records of your mileage traveled and gas consumed, I think you are miscalculating the fuel savings.

Norbs, I also get -25% correction on decel, but I suspect an inaccurate reading under those conditions (since that doesn't change when I drastically reduce my VE numbers in that area). And 25% correction of a 2% duty cycle isn't gonna mean squat. Besides if you are getting the fuel savings from your decel condition alone, then you must drive down a lot of steep mountains.

For any other conditions, if you have less than 3% correction, then your VE table is close enough that you can remove the sensor.

I will concede that if someone is driving around with horribly inaccurate VE tables and they are relying on the O2 for the tuning, then the O2 will help you. But even then, I don't believe $349 savings in 2-3 months. (And besides, the person whose tables are that inaccurate should trade their controller back in for a stock unit as they don't understand how to use what they have).

I will also concede that humidity and temperature can have very mild affects on engine operation, but no way will that ever make up $125 / month iin fuel savings.

-Bob Cunningham

Yeah ok... move to Canada and then you will figure it out.

bobc455- What Racetronix said is correct. He is a good friend of mine and I brought the car by one night to see if he could figure out why my car was stalling out at lights and acting up under WOT( very sluggy). Once he disabled the o2 everything was back to normal, except my gas mileage which I was getting 14.5 to 7 air fuel with the o2 working under normal conditions. With it disabled on my felpro my gas mileage has suffered large. It still runs strong but drinks gas in the city stop and go like no tomorrow. My program is very well tuned and runs in the mid 10's @ over 128mph with problems( tranny). So I can personally tell you from first hand experience that what Racetronix said is true. You couldn't have picked a more tech related person then Racetronix to justify your claims.

Originally posted by bobc455
Wait a minute.

-Bob Cunningham

Makes sense to me!

Originally posted by Racetronix
Yeah ok... move to Canada and then you will figure it out.

I live in Canada, what is there to figure out between the usa and canada?
Curious.......

Originally posted by ttypewhite
bobc455- What Racetronix said is correct. He is a good friend of mine and I brought the car by one night to see if he could figure out why my car was stalling out at lights and acting up under WOT( very sluggy). Once he disabled the o2 everything was back to normal, except my gas mileage which I was getting 14.5 to 7 air fuel with the o2 working under normal conditions. With it disabled on my felpro my gas mileage has suffered large. It still runs strong but drinks gas in the city stop and go like no tomorrow. My program is very well tuned and runs in the mid 10's @ over 128mph with problems( tranny). So I can personally tell you from first hand experience that what Racetronix said is true. You couldn't have picked a more tech related person then Racetronix to justify your claims.

I think your program may be out of wack mike, what bob said seems logical and makes sense.
I have never seen jack at the track and no one is allowed at his shop, which tells me he may have limited tuning ability so i would assume a racer that tunes and drives his own car would know better.

Back