You can type here any text you want

Where to get a new wideband O2 for the Fast system?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by Cheeseburger
Makes sense to me!

Sure it would because you don't own a Felpro. I drove my car to work and back this summer and I would get a full week off of a tank of gas. With my wideband disabled I got 4 days out it. It killed me in stop and go traffic. From the old batch fire unit to the Felpro under regular driving condition is night and day. That wideband makes a huge difference in my gas mileage. And yes I coulda bought another wideband over the summer with the amount of driving I did in my car. No reason for me to make up stories.

Mike Lance Ward tuned my car and he makes the unit. Jack just tweaked it one night while looking for some runs. Jack is a internet business not a local walk in and chat kinda place. He has tuned plenty of cars before Racetronix from Mustangs to LS1's, but know his business comes first and tunning others is not worth the time and money when his demands for his products have increased.

Originally posted by ttypewhite
Sure it would because you don't own a Felpro. I drove my car to work and back this summer and I would get a full week off of a tank of gas. With my wideband disabled I got 4 days out it. It killed me in stop and go traffic. From the old batch fire unit to the Felpro under regular driving condition is night and day. That wideband makes a huge difference in my gas mileage. And yes I coulda bought another wideband over the summer with the amount of driving I did in my car. No reason for me to make up stories.

Not to start a dissagreement but if your plan is to have a daily driver, you might be better off with a stock ecm if fuel savings is a huge concern.
For the cost of $2-3000 for a complete felpro i do not think you are utilizing it when driving in traffic every day.
Sell the felpro, do not worry about a new wbo2, put the stock ecm back in and then think of the extra dollers that will go in your pocket.

Originally posted by ttypewhite
Mike Lance Ward tuned my car and he makes the unit. Jack just tweaked it one night while looking for some runs. Jack is a internet business not a local walk in and chat kinda place. He has tuned plenty of cars before Racetronix from Mustangs to LS1's, but know his business comes first and tunning others is not worth the time and money when his demands for his products have increased.

Yes i am sure that is great, but keep in mind combination changes,weather,alt, and so on and so on throws the tune out.
In my opinion tuning is not a one shot deal, always have to stay on top of things.

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
Not to start a dissagreement but if your plan is to have a daily driver, you might be better off with a stock ecm if fuel savings is a huge concern.
For the cost of $2-3000 for a complete felpro i do not think you are utilizing it when driving in traffic every day.
Sell the felpro, do not worry about a new wbo2, put the stock ecm back in and then think of the extra dollers that will go in your pocket.

Or buy a Gen VII so you can use a narrow band heated O2, Accel WBO2 or an Innovate / aftermarket WB solution w/ $70.00 Bosch WBO2 sensor.

I am not gripping about my gasmileage. Just stating a fact. If gas was my concern i would drive my Integra to work and back. I enjoy driving the car. The wideband compensates just fine for regular driving. I am not beating it when I go to work and back, just cruising.:D

WHen swtiching from drive to park my o2 correction changes -23 %. IN gear the correction is -2%. The cells are not way off, its just a matter of load. This is not make believe numbers. But i agree bob with that small pw at idle how much fuel difference it it actually?

Well I can only say this- that I document all of my gas mileage (down to 0.1 MPG- not just weeks per tank) very thoroughly, and there was no appreciable change when I removed my O2 sensor. My car is a true daily driver, and I think I have over 50K miles on the unit.

Gas mileage changes slightly with seasons and weather, but nothing more (percentage wise) than any other car.

I am willing to bet that because I do actually drive so much, and spent so much time tuning, that my tune is one of the closest to "ideal" (relative to the car) that can be found. Many users do not spend the amount of time tuning that I have, and no matter who it is (Lance Ward included) you cannot tune every cell on the VE table in a single day to the extent which I have- this requires trips up long hills and down again, along the interstate at 60 MPH, 80 MPH, day(s) at the racetrack, around-town driving, driving while semi-warm, hot, in the rain, etc. Can you make progress in a single day? Absolutely. But it has to be a full day, dedicated to tuning.

Just because a car behaves when the O2 is closed-loop doesn't mean the tune is accurate. We have all read posts on this board about people who assume the WB will make up for all of their sins, and never bother tuning the VE tables properly. I am not saying this is the case here, but I want to know more about the tune before I disregarded this possibility (which would require driving the car).

I am curious to hear any theories why you have seen such dramatic changes in fuel mileage, with an accurate tune (which I would define as 5-6% max correction in any cell).

-Bob Cunningham

Unfortunately I don't have the skilllevel to mutitask while driving in traffic. Thats very dangerous looking at the road and the laptop at the same time going to, and coming back from work. i do look at things at night with my laptop and play here and there with the VE tables. You could constantly be changing cells because they are not specific to every gear in your tranny. load is different. My car is tuned rather well for in the city driving. I have 83lb injectors on a Bank to bank unit. Its quite possible we drive our cars differently. Its not like we are comparing identical setups so I don't want to get involved in analizing my setup from yours on a cell by cell % change. different driving conditions and habits cause for different values on the VE table. Thats why i bought the unit so it would compensate for % variables while driving. I have had this unit for about 5 years now and this is my first o2 failure. I think I more then got my use outta it. I am in no way dissappointed.

Unless bob is using a 1 bar map, tuning without overlapping the cells is impossible. The cells will overlap on the highway as the same numbers in the city, so have to tune for one not the other. Hills, flat road ,slow inclines, a/c on, off all effect ve, lockup on off. Its a whole day and night difference, you will never compensate in your ve table as the wideband does to these conditions. :confused:

This brings me to a new idea, since the GEN 7 dfi allows program changes on the fly instantly. I plan to use a 1 bar map conected to a relay and hobbs pressure switch, so when the boost comes on it will automatically swtich to the 3 bar sensor and program:)

Originally posted by norbs
This brings me to a new idea, since the GEN 7 dfi allows program changes on the fly instantly. I plan to use a 1 bar map conected to a relay and hobbs pressure switch, so when the boost comes on it will automatically swtich to the 3 bar sensor and program:)

Since you can rescale the axis on the VE table (and others) increasing the resolution (ie WOT) in a particular area of the MAP is possible. There is also TAU vs. MAP & ECT tables etc. to help with transitional fueling and MAP/RPM based individual cylinder corrections.

Back