where to get braided oil line

jay72chevy

I have a stock turbo for an 84. Is that a 3 an fitting so i can get a brake line that is braided for it? Thanks

My car is an 87 but I searched around and found factory replacements for around 35-50 bucks. Some just make their own out of brake line. What I did find was gnpowermasters on Ebay sells the steel braided for about 59 dollars. I have not recieved the part yet but you can check them out. I could not locate a website only their webstore on Ebay. Good Luck

I run a -3an braided brake line from Summit, like $18. No worries about leaks and it screws right on.

Da@n it man. I wish I would have seen that before I spent 59.95 plus 12.95 for shipping. I feel like a horses a@@ now. Jay72chevy disregard my post and get the info from GNVYUS1.
Nice find though:biggrin::biggrin:

Anything you buy from gnpowermasters on ebay is gonna be overpriced. Everything he sells comes from someone else. He buys from vendors basically for the same price you could then just puts them on ebay with an outrageous mark-up. Actually he doesn't even have the parts in house. When you place an order with him, he places an order with the vendor then has them drop ship it to you. He's just a middleman.

I didn't read this too closely so I'm going to have to back track here.

I'm running a -3an with a different filter setup than the stock oil feedline.

So, I believe the feedline block is 1/8th NPT male and female 1/8 NPT", but I can't confirm that :redface: so until that is, here's an option.

Whatever fitting is the feed size on the oil fitting block off the engine, you can convert that to a -3an and then run that braided brake line I was talking about.

Here is an example if the oil block is 1/8th NPT female
Zex Nitrous Oxide Systems NS6570 - ZEX Nitrous Fittings and Adapters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Here is an example of the braided brake hose you can get to connect them
Summit Racing SUM-220305 - Summit Racing® Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I don't remember the turbo fitting sizes though, I know I had to swap it to a -3an but I'm not confident that the turbo is 1/8th NPT either. :mad:

Sorry, I totally didn't read your post clearly enough and forgot all the oil specs. :frown: