Where to get new heads?

My machinist told me my heads have several stress fractures and advised me to source some new heads. Where can I get aftermarket or NOS TTA heads? I saw Champion heads but aren't they only for GNs?

Hi all,

I read thru this post and it seems to me that you boys like to give champiom your money. I will quickly say that the heads you all recommended with the off stock cast number is correct. About 12 years ago we had a guy on the TTA mail list that sold a bunch of them. I did not buy a set but did personally check a set out and had them ported with 177 intakes and larger exhaust valves 'can't rememeber the size of the exhaust valves'.
Guy's, there is a place that will test and repair 'weld up' any problem with your cast iron heads, they did a set for me. The name is Indy cylinder heads - service and repair. Google the name and call them. There is also a guy that will port & polish them for around $600.00 and that may include a valve job with larger valves, not sure though. I will get the info and post it if you want. I do have a buddy with a GN, stock block, rods and crank that runs consistant 10.20's with these heads.

Head Options

Clearly Champion is not the only source for cylinder head work. But they might be the most well known source for turn-key turbo Buick/Pontiac V6 heads. Champion is good for enthusiasts trying to build an engine within a reasonable amount of time and want good quality.

Experts can buy and select better parts themselves and often know guys in the porting business that can put out a decent product. Yes, that saves money.

When shopping for ported heads and camshafts, we first need some basic information. I've never seen port flow data published for a typical stock unported head. Does anyone have that? And does anyone have the cam profile for the stock cam? The last time I asked for that, I came up empty.

I would welcome knowing about other head sources and porting services but it's now academic for me. My heads are done.

Attachments

• 25527515 Casting5.jpg
    25527515 Casting5.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 162
Champion supports the Buick communitty at races and on Buick race cars. That itself is a blessing to have.

Next on the TTA heads they know how far to go, so they wont go into a water jacket by accident.

They have done lots of them and by now are figured.