You can type here any text you want

Where to go through firewall?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DCVING 6

I am running 4 gauge wire to the trunk from up front. I need to run it through the passenger side firewall, I don't have enough wire to make it through the drivers side. Where should I run it through the firewall? Is there a factory gromit I can squeeze through?

I ust had the dash out of my car and the only factory "grommet" is full...it is the one the ECM harness runs through.

I ran my 4 ga below that (drilled hole) on a weird angled spot...it was right below where the firewall and floor weld together. Be careful drilling, your AC/airbox s right there.

Thanks ZAM,
I ended up drilling in the same place as you basically. I went about 2 inches under where the body weld is. I loosened the wheel well plastic and was able to reach up (not easy) and run the wire behind the heaterbox. I even found a perfectly sized gromet in my garage, so I used that with a little black RTV to seal the hole.

:cool:

I put my 0ga several inches to the left (when inside the cab)of the computer hole where the floor and firewall meet.....but that spot may be no good on a GN/T-type with all the turbo piping...works great on my Monte though. :)

i run mine inside of the frame rail to the back, then go inside of the spare tire well grommet, that'll fit any size wire you want

there is a hole in the pass side fender just infront of the hood strut that leads to the door jamb. I ran mine there and tucked it in under the carpet and then squeezed it through the back seats and into my trunk.

Back