You can type here any text you want

where to put crossovers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TType84

cookin with propane
hey guys.. i was ondering if yall had any ideas on good places to put crossovers to keep em out of the way.. i was thinking the back of the glove box but theres not enough room.. so maybe the inside back wall of the box... anyone have any better ideas?

Originally posted by TType84
hey guys.. i was ondering if yall had any ideas on good places to put crossovers to keep em out of the way.. i was thinking the back of the glove box but theres not enough room..

Are you talking about the active or passive x-overs? I hid my passives inside the dash, one under the drivers side and the other on the passenger side right of the glove box.

If you are talking about the active x-overs then anywhere near the amplifier ( in trunk) for simplicity of access for power, ground and signal.

i cant find anything that says active or passive..

but they are the JL audio ones that come with the component set.. non adjustable, except for a switch that says

"tweeter level: ref / -3dB"

Originally posted by TType84
i cant find anything that says active or passive..

but they are the JL audio ones that come with the component set.. non adjustable, except for a switch that says

"tweeter level: ref / -3dB"

That is what a passive x-over is called. An active x-over would be an electronic x-over that used to set the amplifiers low level input signals to play the desired frequencies from 20 HERTZ to 20,000 HERTZ to feed your subs, mids, and highs (i.e......sub freguencies 20 htz to 100 htz). The passives that you have will fit under the dash. You just have to find the appropriate space.

Becareful when you mount passive crossovers in the dash. Because they use inductors they are HIGHLY subjective to RFI and EMR. Often times moving them a little or facing them a different way will eliminate it.

what woudl you guys suggest i do to mount these?

they have a few holes in the bottom but im thinking those are under the pcb inside the plastic case.. should i just use some of that grey double sided 3M stuff that comes with "ventvisors" ?

Those holes on the sides and about the middle are the screw holes to mount them.

You can place them under the front seats, you can mount them where I mounted mine (in the rear armrest area), in the trunk by the amps, in the dash (but I would avoid placing them anywhere near the fuse panel due to rfi) etc etc. Putting them up front will allow you to use less wire than if you mount it in the trunk so you might want to keep that in mind.

Many options. :)

Originally posted by GNandTTA
Becareful when you mount passive crossovers in the dash. Because they use inductors they are HIGHLY subjective to RFI and EMR. Often times moving them a little or facing them a different way will eliminate it.

I have "0" motor noise where they are mounted. I guess I just got lucky!! :)

I have "0" motor noise where they are mounted. I guess I just got lucky!!
Absoulutely! EMR is directional noise. Often just redirecting the crossover a few degrees will get rid of it.

Back