You can type here any text you want

Where to these front cover bolts go?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
Is there any way somebody can help me with the location of these bolts? I think that the long ones with threads on both sides with a washer go on the bottom near the oil pan, but one is longer than the other? Also there is a bolt with threads on both sides with no washer? Then does the short one go at the top like it seems obvious?
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC02004.JPG
    DSC02004.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 158
The first bolt goes on the timing cover just above the oil pump, its kind of hidden. second bolt holds the crank sensor in place and then the drivers side intercooler bracket fastens to that with a 13mm nut , the third bolt goes on the bottom of the pass side of timing cover, that holds the bottom bracket to the intercooler with another 13mm nut, and the last bolt is for the water pump. If my memory serves me correctly the last bolt goes on the water pump in about the 12 -1 o'clock position. I can't remember right now.

Does this help?

Bolts

U da Man ;) I got one more for you :eek: Where does the single oilpan bolt go that has threads on both sides?
Thanks again.
Darren

U da Man ;) I got one more for you :eek: Where does the single oilpan bolt go that has threads on both sides?
Thanks again.
Darren

I believe it goes on the right side 2 backward (of the 5/1 thread ones)from the front.

Back