Which harness do I need?

Eric Stauch

Nasty87
Hey guys do they have a plug and play wiring harness for the "ramcharger" Intrepid fans? I thought this one was right.

Racetronix - DFH-G7 - 86-87 Turbo Buick Dual Fan Harness

But that harness has a 3 prong connector that hooks to the fans where my ramcharger fans have a 4 prong connector. I PM'd racetronix but he always sends me to his forum where I find no help. Thanks in advance. Eric.

Hey guys do they have a plug and play wiring harness for the "ramcharger" Intrepid fans? I thought this one was right.

Racetronix - DFH-G7 - 86-87 Turbo Buick Dual Fan Harness

But that harness has a 3 prong connector that hooks to the fans where my ramcharger fans have a 4 prong connector. I PM'd racetronix but he always sends me to his forum where I find no help. Thanks in advance. Eric.

You have to ask for help in order to get it. If you can't find the answer you are looking for then post just as you have done here.... :confused:

Hate to tell it to you this way, but the RX "plug and play" fan harness is not really plug and play. You should have purchased the Caspers harness :rolleyes:

The Racetronix is a clone of the Caspers harness, sans the necessary PLUG AND PLAY hardware, namely, the correct connector. RX didn't bother to source the correct connector, so they instead direct you to cut and splice wires...not what you'd call plug and play. Oh, and the "better than the original connector" doesn't hold water either (Chrysler would have changed it long ago if it were a problem with the original fan connector).

Caspers went the extra mile to supply the correct connector. It adds to the cost but fits the truly plug and play strategy.

Just sayin'

Hate to tell it to you this way, but the RX "plug and play" fan harness is not really plug and play. You should have purchased the Caspers harness :rolleyes:

The Racetronix is a clone of the Caspers harness, sans the necessary PLUG AND PLAY hardware, namely, the correct connector. RX didn't bother to source the correct connector, so they instead direct you to cut and splice wires...not what you'd call plug and play. Oh, and the "better than the original connector" doesn't hold water either (Chrysler would have changed it long ago if it were a problem with the original fan connector).

Caspers went the extra mile to supply the correct connector. It adds to the cost but fits the truly plug and play strategy.

Just sayin'

We chose to take another route b/c there have been problems with the connectors on the Valeo fans (on my car included). To claim that 'Valeo' would replace the connector on a discontinued item is ridiculous. We all know how many questionable items there are on a production vehicle. By using a commonly available Delphi connector (supplied), we can adapt to many other fans and we eliminate a potential problem. Our fan harness is nothing like yours if you were to bother to look.

NOWHERE IN OUR WEB AD DOES IT SAY IT IS 'PLUG AND PLAY' WITH THE VALEO FANS. IT SAYS "Fully PnP with GM factory wiring"

John it is about time you stop claiming you invented the wheel here and wining about my business. You are not the mother of all wiring inventions. Many of your products have not been updated/improved since their release 20+ years ago. I was providing wire solutions locally while you were still in the forklift business.

Give it a break already John...

Peace out!

Jack :)

Racetronix Fan Wiring Products

Thanks for the head's up Jack. However, I guess I hadn't visited your site lately...I have been pretty naieve....

Looks like you have cloned MANY of Caspers products, not just a few GN parts like I always thought. Pricing also looks like you took a bit of a peak into Caspers prices. Looks like you're going full bore these days. Congratulation

Anyway Jack, I don't believe you had produced any tangible GN parts during or around 1988, when Caspers began it all.

Keep up the good work though. Maybe try another line....:)

Thanks for the head's up Jack. However, I guess I hadn't visited your site lately...I have been pretty naieve....

Looks like you have cloned MANY of Caspers products, not just a few GN parts like I always thought. Pricing also looks like you took a bit of a peak into Caspers prices. Looks like you're going full bore these days. Congratulation

Anyway Jack, I don't believe you had produced any tangible GN parts during or around 1988, when Caspers began it all.

Keep up the good work though. Maybe try another line....:)

Hey John,

Cut the sarcasm and get your head out of the closet. There are many businesses making harnesses now not just Racetronix so if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen. To be honest with you I really have no interest in your products. I manufacture what our dealers and customers request. If you happen to make something similar who cares. Much of my product layout, design and materials are better anyhow. I set my prices based on what I think is fair. On the other hand, I see you have had Camaro and Corvette HW harnesses on sale for half price. Perhaps you have been looking at my prices?

It would be best for you to focus on your business and not obsess yourself with Racetronix. Quit trying to play the wounded soldier game with forum members and get over it.

Jack :cool:

Jack, Jack Jack....

Obsession? Wounded soldier? Better products? Heat in the kitchen? That's funny Jack, but who is obsessing here....? C'mon now, I'm merely pointing out some observations that anyone could see, and it must've really got under your skin!

Back to the original post: If a customer asks a fairly simple question that you can answer easily, just do it. Using the "do your homework" response won't help your credibility. It's a "Customer Service" thing, Jack.

And while you're at it, take another look at the true meaning of Plug and Play". You might want to use "Compatible With" instead.

Ok lets get this back on track. To make it clear I havent bought a harness yet I am shopping around for one. To Racetronix, The reason I am questioning this so much is because I dont want to buy this harness and have to cut and splice wires and chances are this kit is not going to come with instructions like two different harnesses I bought from you. I have seen a number of different people with this same problem.

In 1987 Jack was supplying us locals with fan harnesses and hot wire kits out of his garage. My Father, Mike St Eve and many others at the time can attest to that. That clone phrase is false. I am not going to speak on Racetronix products as their quality speaks for itself. My comment is on the cloning......... that's how rumors get started and pictures are painted with the wrong brush. The concept for starting his business is based on the buss us locals gave that were at the track damn near every weekend trying to extract that little bit more out of our cars, when off the shelf aftermarket parts were very limited.
Those were the good ol days when race gas was $45 for 5 gallons. :eek: