Which heads

MIKE C

Iam doing a forged 109 build with a 67dbb,roller cam , which heads would you guys go with? alum... or cast iron ..The car may go to the track 1 or 2 times ... its gona be street car for the most part ..and weekend driver
would like to make enough power to run 10.50s or better is the Alum. heads worth the extra money ..or should i just go cast iron?

i'm doing the same setup as you. looking to go 10.50s myself with ported irons bigger valves, roller 212/212 cam, and 67dbb. go with the ported irons if you're looking for 10s only IMO.

Greg

Go with aluminum heads, you will make power more easily.

I went 10.6 @ 126 with 16 psi with TA Street Eliminators, with an old school Turbonectics BB T70 Q trim with .85 Precision housing. Cam was 224/224 (too big for my application) with a 109.

With the iron, you're going to have to crank in more boost.

The choice and money is yours. You decide what you want to do. I just gave you an example of my experience.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

comparison...

Aluminum GN1s and rockers are $2,000.00. Compared to ported irons and rockers which are $1,750.00. The difference is only $250.00 but its well documented that GN1 will outflow a ported head. So u make the choice, if going a lil faster is worth $250.00 then lock and load. I know if I were to do it all over again, I would have GN1s.

Aluminum can be reparied easier and is a weight savings off the front ive had ported irons and the GN1s raceported on now are a big differance.... plus when you take them out of the box for the first time you will be more excited ....... you may want to put them on a shelf in your living room they look so nice :D

Alluminum heads will get at your desired ET easier but irons can also get the job done. It depends on how much cash you are willing to spend :D

how good are the GN1S out of the box? should i have them ported some ?
any problems holding the alum. heads down??

I used my stock heads and it cost me about 450 for full port and polish and about another 2-300 for a complete valve job on top of that including new springs and dishing for the springs etc. Havent put em on yet but ill tell you the ports on my heads are HUGE and the valve bowls are also very large. I spent bout 650-750 on mine and that saved me about 1250. Yeah the iron may be heavier but why spend the extra money if you dont need too. Just my opinion. Good luck!!