You can type here any text you want

Which injectors? 2 to choose.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RED LS1

Well my motor is going together. I previously had PTE 85's. I was going to run stock ECM and chip so I bought a set of Mototron 60's. I just now pulled the trigger on an XFI. So now the Low Z PTE 85's are an option again. They flow 76lbs at 80% duty according to PTE. So would you run the 60's or 85's?

Here is the rest of the combo.

fresh rebuilt 3.8 shortblock. Stock, cranks,rods and pistons. Deep BG oil pan. Comp 212/212 cam. Fresh stock heads with light port job and big valves. 65mm throttle body and plenum. Not sure what fuel pump yet. Will tune with XFI. Trans is all new built and converter will be 3200-3400 and Turbo is T-netics CPT-66 BB.

Goal is to run a 93 pump fuel and 20psi tune about 80% of the time on street and run a race gas 24-25psi tune a few times a season.

It won't matter either way.

The fuel pump should be of more concern. ;)

Yeah. I havn't got that far yet. I have to start the research on which is best for me. I'd like a factory bolt in unit that can handle a lot of power.

I modded my fuel rail to accept a number 8 line for a past project and goal and now i'm considering going back to a factory type fuel rail and line. Just havn't got that far yet.

I hear there is a new twin screw fuel pump out there. Supports 800+ HP.. And I think it was only 300$?

Thanks
Znix

I hear there is a new twin screw fuel pump out there. Supports 800+ HP.. And I think it was only 300$?

Thanks
Znix

It's external (in-line) and can support 80# injectors at 100% dc or 95 #'s at 85% dc. Not sure if it will fit inside the tank.

I talked to the guy at Aeromotive about it. I told him 26psi, 114 octane, 650 Crank HP, 85lbs injectors. He did all the math and said it was at it's limit at that point. Unless you use some type of MSD pump volt booster and it will increase it's capabilities greatly.

Of course that would be the extreme side of what i'm doing. It will most likely be 18-20 psi pump gas and 500 crank HP 80% of the time

I'm going to buy it.

I've been hearing alot of good things about this pump and it's been on my watch list. Don't know if it will support what your doing tho.

GNS

Back