Which intake gasket?

robertf

R&R'ing the intake soon. I've always used good ole Felpro but have heard of valley pan gaskets as well. Suggestions?

Here are some part numbers I've collected from this site:

If you're not going to use EGR order a MS96037 valley pan gasket.

Seal power #260-4014
Fel-pro #MS96033, w/EGR ports

RemoveBeforeFlight

Here are some part numbers I've collected from this site:

If you're not going to use EGR order a MS96037 valley pan gasket.

Seal power #260-4014
Fel-pro #MS96033, w/EGR ports

RemoveBeforeFlight
Question. I used the Felpro for no EGR when I recently regasketed the intake. I have stock lower with the ports still open also stock ports in the heads. I just have the ports blocked at the valve with a plate. I now have oil going through the PCV system. I have since installed a separator to stop the smoking. Do you think it's caused by the gasket? Never happened before.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My personal experience. I run the Fel-Pro 1200's which are the individual gaskets on the intake ports with no valley pan. I have a ported manifold and ported heads and they are match ported to the Fel-Pro 1200's. The Fel-Pro 1200's have bigger ports than the big metal 1-piece gasket with the valley pan. I have the EGR ports in the heads filled, EGR tower milled off and welded over in my manifold, and the EGR block off plate where the EGR valve was. On a stock motor I would use the big one piece with the valley pan to avoid pulling oil through the PCV valve. With ported heads and manifold I run the Fel-Pro 1200's and I just block off the PCV and put a large breather in both valve covers. Every time I have run without the valley pan it would pull a bunch of oil through the PCV valve. In the future I plan to put in a separator because with the PCV valve blocked I do get a little fuel smell in the car but since it is E85 smell I don't mind it that much. Robert, I wish I had read your post Friday as we could have talked about it at the meet Saturday night. Hope this helps.

Question. I used the Felpro for no EGR when I recently regasketed the intake. I have stock lower with the ports still open also stock ports in the heads. I just have the ports blocked at the valve with a plate. I now have oil going through the PCV system. I have since installed a separator to stop the smoking. Do you think it's caused by the gasket? Never happened before.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have no idea if it is due to the gasket or not.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back