You can type here any text you want

Which is Better, the test

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just as an update.
Finally had a warm morning, with a known good DFI. I had several .files to try, and well not one would get more then a pop.

So I spent a couple hours, and some time with the charger on to finally get a brrummm.

Counterpoint, using my custom code, has taken alot more time to get the start routine right, but it's working. Turns out this engine package isn't at all cold start friendly. And has lead to alot of bench time seeing how the code runs.

Just as some data points, this engine only has about 70 K/Pa at idle and cruise is up in th e75-80 K/Pa zone. I wound up having to change the scaling in the table to 5 K/Pa increments to get any real resolution. So in N/A mode I have 17 rows going from 20-100 K/Pa in 5 K/Pa increments, for the VE and spark tables. Thou I only use from 60-100, but I have do have 9 rows to work with. Then I have a 12 row table for boost.

With a little more sorting on the oem based code, at least I can run that on the ecm bench and hopefully use that data to generate a Gen VI cal that's as good.

Oh, in the oem based code, you can set the PW vs DRP (Distributor ref pulse). The choke, the delay for the choke to start to decay, and the rate of decay when it starts. Then crank PW also have a temp correction. Then you can also set the IAC warm idle counts. And the deadband area for the IAC.

More to come.

I've been Beta testing a new TCC controller, and now have it working. So now I'll have TCC control that approaches, oem levels.

There'll be more info released on it shortly, but suffice to say, it's a slick unit. All self contained, and uses an internal LCD for programming. And various options for different applications. The neat part is having hysterisis in some of the parameters, that are programable and with rather simple logic, it does a really nice job.

As soon as I get all the particulars, I'll do an actual review of it.

And with all the recent tuning on my code, hopefully alot of the data will be tranferable to the Gen VI for the initial tuning.

Back