You can type here any text you want

Which is the better Spring??????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

USMC_Turbo6

I have two set of spring for my car and want to know which it the better of the two springs. The first spring are a set of variable rate rear springs and the other set are the Moog Spring 6377?

So far I am liking the non variable rate springs vs variable rate. I am using some out of a 3rd gen Fbody though, so I cannot help you with your exact spring selections.

I'm not a big fan of variable springs myself and I'm guessing that you're just wanting info on the rears. I'd go with the 6377 set on the rear.

I'm not a big fan of variable springs myself and I'm guessing that you're just wanting info on the rears. I'd go with the 6377 set on the rear.

I have 5658 on the front of the car, so I will go with the 6377. Did you use coil spring insulator on the top of the spring when you put them in?

I usually take it out and see how things go first. If it doesn't sit right or makes a bunch of noise I'll put them back in. It's up to the customer in my case and the extra height can make or break "the look" someone's after. Personally I don't use them though.

I'm worried about the noise that they would make against the car. I will try them both ways to see how they work.

I'm worried about the noise that they would make against the car. I will try them both ways to see how they work.
Give them a couple of weeks to settle in before you decide. I usually don't hear any noise out of them but you won't know until you get it on the road.

Thank you brother you always a great help. now on to figure it out what type of shock to run competition engineering drag shocks or bilistine or Qa1 shocks. The car will b 95 percent street driven and 5 percent drag raced so what do you think would be the best to run

Since you're not planning on racing that often go for the bilstiens, but you can also get adjustable ones for not much more than the bilstiens. Do some searching for pricing and see what you can find.;)

I have both the competition engineering shock and the bilstein and wanted to know which is better for a 95% street car and 5% strip car or should I buy QA1 adjustable shocks?

Bilstein for street ... I use cheap lakewood 90/10 front an 50/50 rear for drag racing with moroso trick rear coils

I have both the competition engineering shock and the bilstein and wanted to know which is better for a 95% street car and 5% strip car or should I buy QA1 adjustable shocks?

Well heck i didn't realize you already had 2 of the 3 brands of shocks to choose from. That should narrow the choice down a lot. Just install them and compare to see which one you like of those 2.

good luck with springs i went with a rjc girdle an all billet caps just for insurance on the tta

Back