You can type here any text you want

which msd 7al for a v6?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
What 7al box will work on a v6 with a distributor does it have to be special?
Would a normal v8 one work?

thanks

I found it 7226 for v6 even fire.

or if you get the newer 7AL2-PLUS, it's universal. AND it has built in 2-step. well worth the extra $$$ if u ask me. (but don't ask me, ive spent too much as it is ;) )

If you buy the box for a V8 it's very simple to fix for a V6. There's a small black plastic circle on the face of the box. You remove this plastic piece with a small screwdriver and you'll see 3 wire loops. Cut any single 1 of them and it's for a V6;) I think the box for the V6 is higher than the box for the V8...I guess they charge you to cut that wire:rolleyes:

If you buy the box for a V8 it's very simple to fix for a V6. There's a small black plastic circle on the face of the box. You remove this plastic piece with a small screwdriver and you'll see 3 wire loops. Cut any single 1 of them and it's for a V6;) I think the box for the V6 is higher than the box for the V8...I guess they charge you to cut that wire:rolleyes:

Yeah DB, that's kinda what i meant by universal. Thanks, by the way, for the distributor help.

Freddy:cool:

I think those wires are only in the box marked "plus" the boxes i am looking at don;t say that. its the older boxes, not sure if they have that feature.

I thought my regular 7al had it but I sold it so I can't look at it. We've been putting the +'s on all the V6's. The LED showing output and the 2 step is worth the extra $$$ IMO.

in the older boxes, the difference is in the tach output. meaning, a v8 box in a v6 will work fine, just the tach output from the box will read incorrectly.

Back