You can type here any text you want

Which one first? UCA's or H&R RSB

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87WE4BOOSTED

I NEED MORE BOOST!!
I finally made my first suspension component purchase, which were the LCA’s. They should be arriving soon! :biggrin:: Now that I have my LCA’s, should I go ahead and get the UCA’s or get the H&R Sway Bar first? :confused: Remember I can only choose one for now, but the other will follow. I just don't know how long.

The swaybar would definitely make the biggest difference :cool:

i myself wondering which sway bar is recommended as the price is over $500 from HR, for the good ones?

So the $500 sway bar is the best way to go? why not a cheaper hotchkis bar? whats the big difference?

I'm using my phone or I would post links why. Do a search lots of posts why and with lots of info. If need be call paul himself and ask why.

The HR bar ties the rear to the frame. The Hotchkis bar (or any stock type bar) just ties the LCA's together.

Before being able to answer the question accurately enough, it would be nice to know how the car has been 60 ft'ing and what your goals are.

My faster car has an H&R bar with no front sway bar and I've been able to get 1.4s on it as a 10 sec car and was able to get consistent 1.5s on it when it was a mid to high 11 sec car.

My clone and GN (mid to high 11sec cars) both have stock front and rear sway bars but have upgraded poly bushings in the upper and lower rear control arms. The clone had boxed lcas while the GN has stock lca's. I was able to get low 1.6s and a 1.5 on the GN. With the the clone on a transbrake I seem to be stuck in the mid 1.6s. This may be more with the tune though and I will try some more things before saying it can't 60ft better. Slicks may help too as all the passes on all the cars have been on MT drag radials.

Before upgrading to an H&R bar I would at least upgrade the bushings in the uca's, including the ears on the rear end. I would also get your 60ft into the 1.6s before worrying about an H&R bar. If you can't do 1.6s than you probably have other issues (tune, launch technique, tires, etc).

Back