Which Rear end?

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys, the GN i recently picked up did not have a posi rear end. Im not sure exactly what number rear end it has, but it does not have that great of acceleration and im thinking it may be because of the low rear end gearing. Also it tends to wanna spin 1 tire when going through 2nd... Which rear end would you guys suggest i be on the lookout for?

Put the cover and look it over ....clutches may be worn out ...and you can check gear ratio.Count the teeth on both gears and divide the little number into the big number.
3.42 seemed to work best in these cars unless they were highly modified.

Hey would i be able to tell the gear ratio from the trunk sticker?

What year GN? They should all have an 8 1/2" 3.42 ratio rear. Not all were posi. The codes on the deck lid are G87 for the 8 1/2", G80 for posi.

Just looked, its G87. So does that mean even if i switched over to a posi i wouldnt notice any different in acceleration really? If there the same ratio i mean. Sorry im not to up on this rear end stuff... Trying to learn. Just that the car from a slow roll is a dog, of course when the boost comes on it is strong. But i KNOW it should have more down low than it does.