You can type here any text you want

Which should I do?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I NOW have the funds to start my senior project after months of waiting:mad: but dont have alot of time to get it done. I was wondering what should I fix first... the exterior or interior? its gonna be about 1800 for the interior and 1300 for just cheap paint:eek: not including bodywork and other things that need to be done. The interior I think would be quicker and easier than the bodywork, but the bodywork makes up the car, unless I want a comfortable sleeper....

what should I do?

Fix the stuff that's wrong with it first. Unless you have rusted floor boards and quarters I wouldn't worry about what it looks like when you have other issues. Take some of that money and get rid of those wheels. What's wrong with the interior?

The body will take the longest but it also deteriorats faster where you live. You'll need to take the T top out to see what kind of damage it has before you decide though.

1300 for just cheap paint
where are you getting $1300 for material. thats too much for a driver. what paint are you looking at house of kolor. you can do a cheap paint job for under $500 in material from ppg if you use there omni line. i have sites that you can paint a whole car for $100 yourself. Auto Body Toolmart - Ultra-Glo Acrylic Urethane Enamel Paints
Summit Racing SUM-UP317 - Summit Racing Equipment® Acrylic Urethane Paint - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Auto Body Refinishing - Automotive Paint Refinishing Supplies - Eastwood
here are some links to them. if your going to do a simple scuff and shoot this is all you need as well as some 320 sand paper and a few scuff pads. dont forget to get the right paper dont use news paper (gettotaping):tongue:
If your going to do body work you can get cheap primer from auto body toolmart.to get to a show car level all you have to do is spend the time. do you know how to block? do you know how to wet sand? if you dont i can help you as well as some other people on the board. i dont see eye to eye with people on wet sanding clear coat but everyone does things a different way. in the end you will have good results if you do the work and spend the time. i spent close to 1000 hours of work paint and doing body work on my car. i also started with a real rough car.

Thanks for the links Matt. I've been looking for something like that for one of mine.

where are you getting $1300 for material. thats too much for a driver. what paint are you looking at house of kolor. you can do a cheap paint job for under $500 in material from ppg if you use there omni line. i have sites that you can paint a whole car for $100 yourself. Auto Body Toolmart - Ultra-Glo Acrylic Urethane Enamel Paints
Summit Racing SUM-UP317 - Summit Racing Equipment® Acrylic Urethane Paint - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Auto Body Refinishing - Automotive Paint Refinishing Supplies - Eastwood
here are some links to them. if your going to do a simple scuff and shoot this is all you need as well as some 320 sand paper and a few scuff pads. dont forget to get the right paper dont use news paper (gettotaping):tongue:
If your going to do body work you can get cheap primer from auto body toolmart.to get to a show car level all you have to do is spend the time. do you know how to block? do you know how to wet sand? if you dont i can help you as well as some other people on the board. i dont see eye to eye with people on wet sanding clear coat but everyone does things a different way. in the end you will have good results if you do the work and spend the time. i spent close to 1000 hours of work paint and doing body work on my car. i also started with a real rough car.

yes, can block and scuff, and buff,annd use the 3m tape to mask. I want to paint my car the grand national black, but havent found the proper paint code, let alone the paint code for my car. All i found was 19u and that doesnt help at all.

yes, can block and scuff, and buff,annd use the 3m tape to mask. I want to paint my car the grand national black, but havent found the proper paint code, let alone the paint code for my car. All i found was 19u and that doesnt help at all.
don’t kill me if I’m wrong, but I think the gn was just regular black if you go with my sites they have single stage black that won’t cost you a arm and leg. I’m here to save you some money. If you can paint the car for $200 or $300, you can use the extra money on performance parts or whatever else you need. c/t is the paint code

grand national black;) Your car looks nice compared to a lot I've seen. WHY mess with it:confused: Why spend all that time painting it when you can spend the time getting it running good and fixing the little things that are messed up? If you're gonna paint it just as well get a set of 1000 dollar wheels for it to:rolleyes:

grand national black;) Your car looks nice compared to a lot I've seen. WHY mess with it:confused: Why spend all that time painting it when you can spend the time getting it running good and fixing the little things that are messed up? If you're gonna paint it just as well get a set of 1000 dollar wheels for it to:rolleyes:

Im getting $2,000 ones for mine!:biggrin:
(If BWeavy comes thru with them 18" baby!!! )

But yeah man take care of them Gremilins first bruh...I got some I gotta handle too..Im just copping steals along the way! (Peep the sig) Like I was gonna buy carpet until I realized I needed
- a catalyic convertor (The Pypes exhaust didn't have one...oops!! haha)
- To get my power locks sorted out
- Get my A/C working
- Get some more weather sealing strips around my doors (The ones on now are old)
- Fix the rust spot on the rear of my frame...

All of this will and must be done before I even touch my carpet. I like have my basics and everything to be in order before I start "upgrading"...It just make things easier yo.

I'm probably gonna go with a billet specialties wheel if I ever get there. What you getting?

Hmmmm loving the links Matt!!!
Glad to hear that. You just can’t beat it if you want the car to look nice and not spend a lot. this is the stuff for you. Its single stage so all you have to do is shoot it once there is no clear coat. It almost looks the same a base coat clear coat but its cheaper.

Back