Which Turbo?

Russell Stover

My stock turbo is about to go and I was thinking about going to a te49. I have 40lb injectors, 3 inch down, reds chip and a walbro 340. I'm not looking for anything crazy as this is my daily driver. Is the 49 a good idea?

If you plan to stay conservative. 49 is awesome. Had one in my stolen GN. Loved it.

Right now trying to figure what I want. But plan ahead.

HTH'ed

TA49 or TE44 would be perfect. The only difference between the two is the TA49 looks stock appearing.

To rob nolan

I noticed you are using a 45 turbo.

What is the differnce, from that verses a 49 or 44.

Kinda got lost with all these new turbos.

would apprciate any comment.

Thank you..........Rob

My TE45a is alot bigger than the TA49 and TE44. With the TE45a you will need ported heads, ported intake, bigger injectors atleast 55 pounds, 3600 stall and so on. The TE45a turbo i beleave can support up to 700hp and the TA49 and TE44 will support 545hp.

Thanks

rob nolan, thank you for the input. Guess I have to do some digging. Have 9 1/2 Vigilante,009 injectors. Wanted to port heads anyway.Intake also. 45 almost sounds like a 62-63. though I could be wrong. What else is new.

Thanks so much............Robert

If you get you a TE45a you won't be disappointed. You will need bigger injectors, and that turbo makes a bunch of power. The way it goes on the turbo sizes would be TE63,TE64 and then TE45a. The TA66 is the same as the TE45a i do beleave. What size turbo do you have!!! By the way the TE45a will cost you around $1000.

Thanks

Thanks for input won't take anymore time. Really nice of you.

Sounds perfect for what I want...........Thank you.

;)