You can type here any text you want

White letter or Blackwall tires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Raised white letter or blackwall

• Raised White letter

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Blackwall

Votes: 50 73.5%

• Total voters

cwelk87gn

XCELR8S
OK I am about to buy some new rubber for my 87 and can't decide if I am going raised white letter or black wall-what are you guys running?

RWL, turned inside, so the folks I run over can tell the cops "B F Goodrich" did it to 'em.

RWLs are a PITA. They look good for the 1st hour after you get down on your hands and knees and scrub them until your shoulders separate, or your girlfriend runs them against a curb...

:D

JMO, but why would you want white letter tires with a car that is all black and all blacked out?

PLEASE go Black-Out for goodness sake! 300% better looking than white letters in mine and everyone else I know's opinion!

Infortunately I'm stuck w/ the big white "H o o s i e r" on my rears, but it don't look quite as bad as it would on a regular radial.

Hey Stage,

That HOOSIER should scrub right off. IME, it's just "painted" on, so you can get it off with a little SoftScrub and some elbow grease. So's you don't have to advertise for 'em if y'all don't want to. That's been my experience with any drag tire...

:)

i like them either way, mine are white letters facing out and i think it looks very good

Raised White letters on a GN, give it that classic Muscle car look, IMO. As soon as my tires wear down, I'm switching. :D On my T, it's blackwall all the way! :cool:

Blackwall all the way! In fact, I coat the RWL that face the inside of the car with TIRE BLACK so you don't see them when looking under the car.

You could always compromise and run RWL on one side and Black on the other side.:D :D :D

The white letters look like you have whitewalls when you are going about 35 mph down the street. Blackwalls and tire black on the inside here.

I like raised white letters but they aren't the style anymore. I have black wall on both of mine.

Originally posted by Randy Greenoe
The white letters look like you have whitewalls when you are going about 35 mph down the street. Blackwalls and tire black on the inside here.

And what is wrong with white walls? I was just going to suggest them. In fact, I'm trying to find some white wall drag radials. No luck yet, though.

not the style anymore? Ummm we are driving 80's cars.

white letters are sporty. Every single thing blacked is a little borring, white letters give that little contrast that the car needs. White letters definetly on a T. I mean low pros you have to go with blackwall but big thick rubber looks kinda dull all plain. Chrome wheels definetly need RWL, its a classic look.

There's no right or wrong here. Everyone has their own opinion and you should do what pleases you. :)

Originally posted by wagon
And what is wrong with white walls? I was just going to suggest them. In fact, I'm trying to find some white wall drag radials. No luck yet, though.

Hey.......get yourself some PORTAWALLS. I had them on my 49 plymouth. :p

I like them both. I was torn between black wall or RWL's when I first got my GN, but then I checked the option codes and found our that it originally had RWL's from the factory, so that settled it. I really do like the way they look, I think it gives it more the classic muscle car look:D :D

Back