White Limited new best, upgraded to TA61 AND 009'S

Thanks man, it was a blast going to the track for 8 hours that day. It was the midwest domestic shootout. Kind of a small turnout for the end of the year, but alot of cars were broken is the reason i think the turn out was slim.

Here is a video that a friend made of our cars, you can see my 11.19 pass on it.

shootout07

BW

Thanks man, it was a blast going to the track for 8 hours that day. It was the midwest domestic shootout. Kind of a small turnout for the end of the year, but alot of cars were broken is the reason i think the turn out was slim.

Here is a video that a friend made of our cars, you can see my 11.19 pass on it.

shootout07

BW
nice thanks for the video. looks like you need a harder launch. my grandmother could leave harder than that:biggrin: :biggrin:

I know, it bogs with the meth out of the hole... It got a 1.56 on that pass though.

I think if it didnt bog like that for the first 5-10 feet, then i could get a 1.49 sixty foot, loose 100 lbs off the car, put some valve springs on it....

Port match the intake to the heads, port match the t-body to the doghouse, and port the doghouse.....

10.9999999 at 123 :eek: :biggrin:

The track is open 3 more sundays then its closed for the year.

BW

I know, it bogs with the meth out of the hole... It got a 1.56 on that pass though.

I think if it didnt bog like that for the first 5-10 feet, then i could get a 1.49 sixty foot, loose 100 lbs off the car, put some valve springs on it....

Port match the intake to the heads, port match the t-body to the doghouse, and port the doghouse.....

BW

just pulling your chain great run

BW
I have a question, out of coriousity, wouldnt (or would you) have to pull the heads of to match port the intake to the head ports???? and is this still of a stock intake, or champion???? by the way congrats...... i hope i get my Limited running atleast a mid 11...:biggrin:

I have a question, out of coriousity, wouldnt (or would you) have to pull the heads of to match port the intake to the head ports???? and is this still of a stock intake, or champion???? by the way congrats...... i hope i get my Limited running atleast a mid 11...:biggrin:

The head ports on the intake side are larger than the aluminum intake, ive always just removed the intake and ported to a felpro intake gasket and the car makes more power.

I purchased this white limited from the original owner, and he said one day he went to install a new pcv valve and dropped the round rubber grommet down into the lifter valley. He removed the intake, found it laying on the valley pan gasket, and installed a new gasket. I have never removed the intake since i purchased the car, and havent ported it / clean it up to make more power.

This winter when i remove it, i will stick another stock intake that ive ported and powdercoated on the car.

I forgot, you could port the head side with alot of cotton balls and tape, but id rather just wait to do all that once it pops a head gasket.

BW

for what its worth, there is a memeber on here
Knperformance, ive used for getting heads and intakes ported and polished... very nice work and the best pricing ive seen, with quick turn around...

He even does the upper and lower intake, removed and welded up all the EGR stuff, bead blasted and painted etc...
I even sent him one intake with all the sensors , " an extra one i had"
to see if it came back with all the stuff, and it did... :cool:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/feedback/199278-knperformance.html?highlight=knperformance

The head ports on the intake side are larger than the aluminum intake, ive always just removed the intake and ported to a felpro intake gasket and the car makes more power.

I purchased this white limited from the original owner, and he said one day he went to install a new pcv valve and dropped the round rubber grommet down into the lifter valley. He removed the intake, found it laying on the valley pan gasket, and installed a new gasket. I have never removed the intake since i purchased the car, and havent ported it / clean it up to make more power.

This winter when i remove it, i will stick another stock intake that ive ported and powdercoated on the car.

I forgot, you could port the head side with alot of cotton balls and tape, but id rather just wait to do all that once it pops a head gasket.

BW
i see, let me ask you another question, does the champion intake have bigger ports than the stock intake???? just curious.....:biggrin:

ROYAL_6

I have a stock intake that has been CNC ported to match the heads from champion, they have alot of material taken out of them. Those intakes work great. The heads and intake are sitting on the shelf waiting for the next car.

Champion also makes a aftermarket intake, and its alot of money, im not sure if you can port the stock iron heads large enough for the intake.

Phil-

I do my own intakes at work, and guy here in town does the heads for us for a good price! :smile:

BW

cool... hey do you ever get sh*t for not having your Limited 100% stock??? Do you ever feal bad that they only made a little over a thousand, and yours isnt sitting in a heated garage some where... some times i feal kind of guilty putting after market parts on my car... you know what im saying or is it just me???lol.... some times i feal like restoring it and getting a T-TYPE to do my playing with.....=)..... but i just love the sleeper look to the Limiteds...... I want a white one like yours... is your for sale???lol.....=):biggrin:

I have 3 87 turbo regal limiteds and 2 are nice and cozy right now:p

If someone gave me sh!t for modifying MY car, id tell them to get bent and start enjoying theirs!

I bought it for me, not them:biggrin:

Id sell it for the right amount :)

BW

i hear you brother..... how much you looking to get for it......i got 8k that haves you name writen all over it....lol....

theres a guy on the bard selling a real nice clean limited for 12k..... im almost tempted to buy it...:biggrin: .... but i would love a white one or a chestnut brown....... but that purple is real nice.... let me know if you are interested in selling it......:biggrin:

Gotta drive them............. who cares if its a Limited 1 of 1035. Who cares if its an 86 T-type 1 of 2384 or a WE4 1 of 1547. Use em!:D