Who can paint my 87 GN?

PNYKLR

Howdy all I'm still in the process of stripping the GN down to the metal , but dont know the next step (now that I got laid off)
I might be able to afford the paint/primer but thats about it right now.Anyone out there have a paint sprayer and an idea of what to do or can show me what to do? I have the GN in a garage, but unfortunately I cant do any work on it in there .I know this is alot to ask, but I'm just sitting home looking for jobs and waiting for unemployment to kick in so I figured it would be a way to keep occupied ?

Ive never painted a car before (spray can primer yes) I have two cars the 85 Regal and the GN both need paint the 85 I really dont care just want something to get rid of the ugly primer look
the GN I have half way down to the metal so I have to use a good primer and paint I guess??
Where in LI?

Im in Nassau , As far as a good primer goes I recall my Uncle who does body work suggest Veriprimer ,Im not sure of the spelling but it's yellow in color and is a must against bare sheet metal. You also want to cover up the metal asap not leaving it exposed and before applying any primer or paint clean the area with prepsol.

yes the car is in a garage so I'm not worrying about that
I dunno I just want to get it going (as soon as unemployment kicks in)

painting

how did you strip the car? if you used anything but striper you may have warped the panels. the sheet metal on these cars is very thin a little bit of heat from sanding in one spot to long will do major damage you 'll be long boarding plastic body filler for months.

if the metal and plastic work is all done with 180 grit sandpaper then you are ready for a good metal eching primer . after that two good coats of urathane filler primer will needed . then spray bomb black the whole car very lightly so thers specs evrerwhere. this is called a guide coat.

block sand the car wet with 400 grit sandpaper untill the guide coat disapears . then sand the whole car with 600 sandpaper. if you sand through any of the primer recoat it and sand again.

good luck al

ps the guide coat is to see any imperfection while your sanding.

Hey, you're in luck I live in White Plains, NY. I have access to
spray guns. And I painted my first car at 13. So far have painted About 12 cars. You want to first get the surface nuetralized so it will hold the paint. Unless you sanded the car out.

If so don't boter doing this. Mu cousin has a body shop in MT. Vernon. So I can get to a booth.
Let me know. OK? HTH'ED