You can type here any text you want

Who has a cold air intake and what did you use?

• Thread starter Thread starter pat83t
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
P

pat83t

Just trying to figure out how you are feeding cooler/more air to your turbo regal. I have one for my car but I want to see how other people did theirs first before I reveal my secret.

I do , I do :)

I used a 3" stainless steel flex hose and a 9" K&N cone filter I nocthed the raditor support So now it's in front of the radiator.

All home made.

I'd like to see some pics of what you guys have. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do one. I've got a '71 Buick 350 now, but I have a carbed turbo air cleaner assembly.

Ok , I'll take some shot's tomorrow. and post them to my web site.

I just removed the air box and the bracket it sits on. I put a 9"(?) cone in it's place and connected it to the stock duct with a 3"male x 3"male coupler. It sits next to the shroud and I have a duct from behind the grille blowing cold air on it.

You lose the THERMAC with this, so it bogs when it's cold out.

Pat83t ,
Nice website really enjoyed all the body work pictures and that beautiful 83' Turbo. Makes me want to go out and buy one .Then I'd face the wraith of the woman. Maybe one day.

Thanks but it is nowhere near being done. I still have interior and a whole lot more go fast tricks to do to it. The website was just my way of showing how much hard work has gone into the car. Without the website, and my photo album that I take to the car shows most people would over look the car, except buick lovers of course.:D

Originally posted by pat83t
O.K. here it is, the moment you all have been waiting for, my secret. It looks rather sharp and is very effective in the higher rpm's.
That's to funny...I was just looking at one the other day thinking that it would fit. I won't hate you :D

Oh , that .

Well , the black box is a modified stock ESC to work with the Moroso Billet Hall Effect Dist. That feeds the MSD timing control , that feeds the MSD6BTM , That fires the Moroso 72381 Plazma Pluse coil. Also using Moroso Ultra 40 wires.

The cap is to help reduce Line noise.

:)

Originally posted by b4black
I just removed the air box and the bracket it sits on. I put a 9"(?) cone in it's place and connected it to the stock duct with a 3"male x 3"male coupler. It sits next to the shroud and I have a duct from behind the grille blowing cold air on it.

OK, I took a picture of this setup today. The filter is a K&N RE-0810 which I bought from Conley's performance at the GSCA Nationals (~$45). It fit's perfectly where the stock air box was and uses the factory accordian duct. (This is in my '82 GN)

http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/cone82.JPG

And here's another version from my '83 T Type. This time I wanted to keep the stock air box in place in case it gets cold enough that I need the THERMAC for daily driving. Something has to go so the cone can fit, so out came the charcoal cannister. Since the accordian isn't long enough, $3 worth of dryer duct does the job.

http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/cone83.JPG

Does anyone else here besides me feel that the stock chrome carb. bonnet is too restrictive:confused:
It only has a 1 1/2" openning inside the bonnet for cold air to flow into the front of the carb. & it's even shallower (more restrictive) over the rear bbl's where it's needed most.
It sure is a neat looking piece tho! I'm using a 1,000 cfm "open" element right now myself but I was thinking that if I go back to the fact. bonnet I'll @ least raise it a couple inches, hood clearance permitted. After all, whats the sense in havind a "cold air intake" if it's going to be so terribly bottlenecked?
Just a thought:p

Cold air induction

I am planning on making a intake system that mounts under my front bumper. When I have it done I will let you guys know how it works and take some pics. I like the chrome intake !

Back