Who has the most miles on their car and is still whooping A$$.

Turbodan

i WAS JUST WONDERING WHO OUT THERE HAS OVER 100,000 MILES AND IS STILL GETTING GREAT 1/4 MILES.

Daughters old WE4 11.4s@ 119 with 137k .. her old Limited T with 218k 11.9s @ 114 and the wifes T 160k mid 11s :eek:

I have a Turbo T with 80,900 and if I end up not selling it I was wondering if I would be able to add a turbo and injectors to it or if it is better for me to rebuild first. It is looking promising with the miles I have been seeing off of all these cars.

pull the pan, check the condition of the bearings and journals. if all is well there, do a compression check. if all is well there also, replace the fuel pump and make sure you have adequate fuel pressure, then...go for it!!!

Read sig , the GNX clone has over 280,000(REALLY)

have rebuilt or replaced almost everything under the hood and trans, finally put a new eaton posi and R/P in a few months ago with mosler axeles.

I LOVE DRIVING THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

AND IT ISNT EVEN A DAILY DRIVER ANY MORE !!!!

BUT EVERY CHANCE I GET I FIRE IT UP AND DRIVE :cool: :cool: :cool:

THANKS JD

Wow thats a lot of miles JD. Very nice to see these car survive that long. I can't imagine how may starts are on your car.

Jason

Thats unbelievable. No way a new car could do that. These older cars were just built better from the factory.

Jason

Turbodan said:
I have a Turbo T with 80,900 and if I end up not selling it I was wondering if I would be able to add a turbo and injectors to it or if it is better for me to rebuild first. It is looking promising with the miles I have been seeing off of all these cars.

80K is right about the time when she starts to get broken in, i wouldnt worry about the motor one bit.

I have a buddy with 182K and the car looks awesome and runs even faster :biggrin: still has the stock timing chain in it!

My daily driver 87 turbo regal has 95K, well over 400 track passes and runs perfect. It used to have a larger te44 turbo and a stretched intercooler, ran low 11s full weight heads never been off. I took it back to the stock turbo and couldnt be more happier the way the car runs drives and is so quick to respond to my foot hitting the pedal :biggrin:

Get Razors meth kit and Eric marshalls chip, easy 100 horses all day long
BW

I'm nearing 195,000 miles on the original motor. It has gone high 11s @ 114 mph with 21 lbs of boost. With a bit more boost and a harder launch I'm sure it would be a legitimate mid 11 sec car. If the oil pressure is good and the compression checks out I'd run it until you start to have clear issues with it. If the car has been well maintained with regular oil changes and such it will last. As Quick6'n'-K.C. said, they are just broken in good at 80,000 miles.

Buick Regal: 165K, 12.4's

Just threw on new HG's. She is running stronger now than before. Hopefully will be faster this year. Orignal owners took care of her. She is in m sig. ;)

My Turbo T Limited ran 11.8's last year at the track with 190K miles on it ~~ and still the original headgaskets.

I had it running even better last month until I spun #1 rod bearing racing a Sportbike on the street :eek:

Time for a Rebuild :D

160k on the old gn. went 12.9's never so much as had a valve cover removed.

the gs has 150k and is going 15.4's

but don't get an american car... the just don't last :rolleyes:

The SloGN has 137k on her. I drove it to BG and back this yr 1107 miles round trip got 23.5 mpg and made 2 passes on street tires. mt best was a 12.24 @ 115 with a 2.07 60FT and run it thru in 3rd gear like a dummy.

I love my GN there is no other car like it.

My 1st GN got a timing chain at 98k under factory warranty, which I broke at the track :biggrin: after several 12.0 - 12.2 passes. Through the years car gotten as quick as 11.60's with a TE-44 without ever opening the motor. The trans died at around 160k. Finally after 227k I've decided it's time for a rebuild. The car just doesn't have the snap any more. Don't get me wrong, it will still go, I just want it faster :p ! Going big, bigger cam, nicely done stock heads and intake, bigger turbo, FMIC, bigger injectors, on and on ;) !
John

Well.....

As far as miles the highest one I know of is John Nagels Gn in Stockton Ca. It has over 500K on it after two motors, two trannys and a rear end I beleive. That is the highest milage daily driver I have seen. I do not think he races it but the street is alot tougher on them. This impressed me.

As for my WE4 it has 292,000 miles will run 11.95 or better with a 1.70 60 ft with the original inj's, original turbo, (rebuilt once just for maintiance,) original short block, and only things I have changed internally would be valve springs twice, and a timing chain, double true roller installed at 160,000 miles.

Oops, I forgot, I installed the oil pump hi volume kit when I did the timing chain. Even with 292K on it it holds 40 psi oil pressure at idle hot and 75-90 cold.
I also drive this car hard so it hasn't been an easy 292K. LOL :biggrin:

Second tranny, and second converter. First trans went at 120,000 miles and the second is still in there and still barking third gear. Ask anyone who knows the car.
Original rear end.
Needs a rear end now I think tho, as it is making funny noises at times.
All in all, impressive.

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com

Attachments

• BTCUSTride.jpg
    BTCUSTride.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 227