You can type here any text you want

Who is a source for old windows 95 for direct scan use

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PowerKraus

I can not get my direct scan to work on my XP laptop, even when I select the special Windows 95 compatability button.:confused:

Is there a cheap cheap source for laptops. I have old windows 95 software, so all I really need is the laptop.

Thanks in advance !

DOS programs cant capture ports under Windows XP, even when run in compatability mode. I prefer the old DOS based Calcom software so I keep an old laptop around.

Check Ebay, you dont need anything more than a P2 200 or so plus the cheaper it is, the less you will cry when it goes flying into the floorboard.

Here is a link to a site that has a file for making a boot disc. I believe the intent is to load Dos operating system and Directscan onto a 3.5" floppy, and boot the laptop off of the disc drive, not your hard drive. Hope this helps
Steve

Jeremy's Boot Disk for DirectScan

I found my laptop on E-bay. I think I paid $125, and it came with windows 98 and two good batteries.

another option would be to pick up another cheap harddrive and put it in your current laptop. load whatever you want one it without messing with your original drive.

Dj

Back