who knows tires

Gnboy

if it wont flow force it
i can get brand new good year nascar slicks for about $50 a piece27x12.5x15

will they work????????

You got gearing? And looking for some damaged fenders with those 12.5" wide tires.

Will they work?....hmmmm...

They'll work if you get out the torch and cut your fenderwell's open. While you got the torch out, might as well weld the doors shut, too.

They'll work if your racing is done on an oval at 200 mph.

They'll work if you think think spinning them for a 1/4 mile until you get up to speed is the proper way accellerate.

They'll work if you can find two the same diameter.

something's in life are cheap because they aren't worth anything. This would be one of those things.

UNGN, tellin the brutal (but honest) truth. 12.5" is too wide unless you notch the frame and/or roll the fenders. And fahgettaboutit if you're on stock wheels, I wouldn't go over 10" wide. Those tires also need to be VERY warm to grip. You'd have to do a John Force burnout or you'd be spinning the whole way. They're probably built a little bit more for longevity too, so they won't grip nearly as well as a drag slick. Sounds like a cool deal, but she won't work for this application I don't believe.

Re: Will they work?....hmmmm...

Originally posted by UNGN
They'll work if you get out the torch and cut your fenderwell's open. While you got the torch out, might as well weld the doors shut, too.

They'll work if your racing is done on an oval at 200 mph.

They'll work if you think think spinning them for a 1/4 mile until you get up to speed is the proper way accellerate.

They'll work if you can find two the same diameter.

something's in life are cheap because they aren't worth anything. This would be one of those things.

Come on UNGN, don't hold back, tell us what you really think! LOL ;) :)

He is right tho!

I like it that way too. No BS just the facts Ma'am.

i just wanna to say you can get a 12.5 under a gn if you have rear end on center and get the right back space rims. I have a set of 28 12.5 15, et streets on my car no rubbing ,but dont think anyone should run them i only put them on because got them from a buddy dirt cheap. When i take them off(soon because i believe their part of my top end mph lost) i will go to a 11.5 or 10.5 and might drop to a 27in to that hoosier make and finally the buick witch doctors are right has always, these tires your talkin about are not worth anything you have to try to burn them up just to get them to try and hook. I have seen some of the local guys who drag on the street run a hoosier tire that the circle track guys run on dirt it is a soft compound tire and will try to hook on the street or track have a buddy ruunin set has had decent luck tire like a 27 8.0 15. We get them like 50$ around here used and some guys have good luck some dnt i try aset blow them away. later

M/T's ET street size is not the same as Slick size. A 12.5 ET street is the equivalent of an 11.5" slick. Still too wide for a TR, but a Real 12.5 slick would be even worse.

hey ungn your right i always forget that the spec on a et street arn't true just advertise and like isaid my tire is still overkill in my opinion. i'm thinkin of a 28 10.5 next myself.